• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Found a MH 2 List!

54 posts in this topic

I find it surprising that no one has mentioned the fact that Hulk 180, 181 and 182 are on the MH2 list.... ?

No surprise to me, as a local retailer who I refuse to conduct any business with any longer used to openly boast about his Mile High copy of Hulk 181. Knowing that the Hulk 181 was not part of the Church collection, I assumed it had to have been part of the less famous, and oft criticized MH2 collection. Rumor has it that it got graded, and came back a VF- .... and all along he was passing it off as an automatic NM just because it was a Mile High.

Ok, here's a list that I ran looking for "abnormalities" in the number

of CGC submissions of a book compared to books from the same series.

Obviously these "abnormalities" are caused by either the book being key,

popular, or available in larger quantities...

To rule out "first issues" and "milestones", I've dropped all #1's, #50, #100's, etc.

Maybe there will be some discoveries in here,

some of these are obvious explanations, ASM #129 - first Punisher,

while others will make you wonder...

Key issues, or "Something Else"?

Amazing Spider-Man 129

Fantastic Four 48

X-Men 94

Thor 132

Marvel Spotlight 5

Fantastic Four 112

Amazing Spider-Man 122

Amazing Spider-Man 194

Amazing Spider-Man 121

Avengers 57

Avengers 24

Tales of Suspense 74

Amazing Spider-Man 158

Tales to Astonish 93

Captain America 109

X-Men 45

Fantastic Four 59

Silver Surfer 4

Daredevil 43

Thor 158

Sub-Mariner 6

Amazing Spider-Man 64

Avengers 32

Green Lantern 85

Swamp Thing 7

Daredevil 27

Amazing Spider-Man 40

X-Men 108

Tales of Suspense 89

X-Men 121

Thor 165

Fantastic Four 67

Fantastic Four 73

Amazing Spider-Man 91

Silver Surfer 14

X-Men 40

Incredible Hulk 122

Thor 156

Amazing Spider-Man 136

Tales of Suspense 80

Avengers 58

X-Men 32

Fantastic Four 78

Captain America 113

Tales of Suspense 83

Daredevil 45

Amazing Spider-Man 135

X-Men 21

Amazing Spider-Man 179

Amazing Spider-Man 149

Fantastic Four 82

X-Men 101

Amazing Spider-Man 175

Incredible Hulk 116

Fantastic Four 55

Thor 139

Amazing Spider-Man 59

X-Men 89

Amazing Spider-Man 33

Amazing Spider-Man 39

Amazing Spider-Man 168

Incredible Hulk 107

Amazing Spider-Man 107

X-Men 66

X-Men 28

X-Men 58

Fantastic Four 86

Fantastic Four 91

Amazing Spider-Man 177

Thor 149

Conan the Barbarian 15

Amazing Spider-Man 167

Amazing Spider-Man 62

Tales of Suspense 92

Captain America 111

"Purchased 1,700,000 comics from a private New York investor"???????

I thought he purchased it from some coke using hopped-up-rat. Isn't that what he said in one of his "Tales Fom the Database" stories? confused-smiley-013.gif

I guess the truth wouldn't have sounded as good in his ad. 27_laughing.gif

I find it surprising that no one has mentioned the fact that Hulk 180, 181 and 182 are on the MH2 list.... ?

I thought I was exploring that possiblility above? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Pssst........I think Joe was just trying to emphasize one of his main reasons for starting this thread.......since nobody else had mentioned it for him. gossip.gif

Pssst........I think Joe was just trying to emphasize one of his main reasons for starting this thread.......since nobody else had mentioned it for him. gossip.gif

Actually, I was surprised to see that no one had hammered me for these issues being present (as per your above comment). I was just looking through some books last night and found the ad, and would have posted it regardless of the issues in the MH2 list.

I personally thought it was pretty interesting stuff, but noticed the Hulk issues and was prepared for the constant slams.

Danged if ya do, danged if you don't.

Actually, I was surprised to see that no one had hammered me for these issues being present (as per your above comment). I was just looking through some books last night and found the ad, and would have posted it regardless of the issues in the MH2 list.

I personally thought it was pretty interesting stuff, but noticed the Hulk issues and was prepared for the constant slams.

I think it's a very informative post.

Thanks for sharing, JC.

Now if you can dig up a list of the "missing" issues. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Now if you can dig up a list of the "missing" issues. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Actually, what we need is that August MH Catalogue detailing the available MH2 books. I'm looking for additional ads, but Chuckie's own catalogue would be prime.

Ahhh.....so you were anticipating that people would bust on you thinking that was the reason you posted it......and then were suprised when they didn't? I get your point now. I just thought it was cool that you found it and posted it. It is very interesting stuff.

I would certainly like to see a list of the 'valuable' (over $50) books that were found. That would be very enlightening.

I agree, and maybe someone has that old catalogue around. Being a Canuck and all, I've got a ton of Robert Crestohl catalogues, but I believe I only bought once or twice off Chuck.

And on the subject of Mile High 2, here's an interesting article about Chuck:

http://denver.bizjournals.com/denver/stories/2003/01/13/story2.html

"Rozanski won't say what he paid for the Church collection. At then-prevailing prices, Geppi estimated, the collection was worth about $600,000."

At least that question is answered....

And on the subject of Mile High 2, here's an interesting article about Chuck:

http://denver.bizjournals.com/denver/stories/2003/01/13/story2.html

"Rozanski won't say what he paid for the Church collection. At then-prevailing prices, Geppi estimated, the collection was worth about $600,000."

At least that question is answered....

sign-rantpost.gif

Had no idea his empire was so large. Reading between the lines, the majority of collectors, well the ones involved in buying $7,500.00.00 worth of comics from Mile HIgh anyway either have little or no grading skills, or.... they just don't care. That must say something about the the state of the hobby today.

Has there really been a grading renaissance....or is there just a few of us that really know what's going on. I mean most of these people that buy from Mile High buy the way I did over 20 years ago, when I had no idea how grading really worked. Apparently there's still a lot of collectors out there that still don't realize it. That could also be a symptom of how e-bay VF's get sold and stay sold. Many think they've actually bought a VF for the same reasons Mile High is able to sell their comics.

Some scary stuff going on out there.