• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pulp info

36 posts in this topic

Pulp question: to what extent is the value affected by the stories within? Or is it more about rarity and cover?

I imagine a Tarzan or Conan story would add value, but how about a story by Heinlein or Lovecraft?

Arrrggghh. It's a tough question. Used to be all about the writers. The market has turned over the year towards covers (same in the comics market). Plus some writers published in titles that sold by the ton so their work can still be had for cheap (think mid-grade SA books). Still, the older the more expansive rule applies so Heinlein is a lot cheaper than other writers because his work appeared later. Plus, once an author start being good and recognized, he changed market, meaning he could get his stories into bigger circulation pulps so that their most known and polished work can end up being cheaper due to the larger print run. All in all an author will double to triple the value of an issue compared to the previous month (if the previous month's cover is not notable).

Wonderful Triple-X Magazine from July 1929. Gotta love the Air / War / Western combo lol

and the title, "Alkali Slim Hogties Heinie"!

An honorary chemistry title.

Jack

I thought it sounded like a triple-X feature of a different sort.

Wonderful Triple-X Magazine from July 1929. Gotta love the Air / War / Western combo lol

and the title, "Alkali Slim Hogties Heinie"!

An honorary chemistry title.

Jack

I thought it sounded like a triple-X feature of a different sort.

lol