• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Those in NC, Virginia, how did you come out of Isabell?

23 posts in this topic

Just got back from a cleanup trip to Virginia Beach/Norfolk. Spent the past weekend cutting up some fallen trees for "people in need". The crew I was with even made an appearance in the Norfolk paper and TV. Seems the TV was doing a story on people ripping others off on prices for tree cleanup. They came to our spot and found out that we were Tennessee Volunteers(blatant plug) doing FREE cleanup(we also had some Illinois and Ohio folks). The TV people were SHOCKED to find out that people still help others in times of need. The media(TV/newspaper) has such a short memory(911).

Anyway, while on the trip I pasted Trilogy Comics on Princess Anne Ave. twice a day in Norfolk every day.......and never got an opportunity to stop in(Sir, drop the chainsaw now!!! NO, we don't want you to slash our prices!) So did I miss a good opportunity. Anyone here shop at this store.

*I'M* shocked! I didn't have any trees fall, but someone I know had a tree fall that he got an estimate for a few years ago at $400 to remove and dispose of, but the estimate they got after the storm was $900 which DIDN'T include disposal! Absolutely freakin' outrageous. None of the local tree cutters answer the phone or return calls due to their workload, and many appear to be price-gouging as the media told you.

Trilogy is decent...although a few years ago I stripped them of any nice Marvels they had! They've probably got the second-biggest selection of back issues in Virginia aside from Stories comics in Richmond.

Well FF, then I guess it wasn't meant to be. Of course I would have been happy to pickup some leftover F/VF that you left behind. I did pickup a NM Spidey #107 and VF Avengers #36 today locally. Also, started a down payment on a VF Avengers #8 too. If I had stopped at Trilogy then I sould have missed these books.