• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No tracking number from Metropolis? Booooo

52 posts in this topic

Providing your customers with tracking numbers has pretty much become a standard.

Would it hurt to provide a guy with a tracking number so he can know in advance that he'll somehow miss Fedex on a certain day? I don't think it would. Not one bit.

BTW, this is my first order with Metropolis, looking forward to inspecting their grading.

Did you email them for the number? I like to be proactive and actually ask them for it when they send my books. (shrug)

I didn't. But my point was that I shouldn't have to. It's a pretty standard practice for an online business.

I always have problems with FedEx. It's like they hide behind a tree and wait until I leave, then run over and stick that notice on my door.

Did you email them for the number? I like to be proactive and actually ask them for it when they send my books. (shrug)

I didn't. But my point was that I shouldn't have to. It's a pretty standard practice for an online business.

I always have problems with FedEx. It's like they hide behind a tree and wait until I leave, then run over and stick that notice on my door.

yep, and no weekend service!

No everyone is as anal retentive well organized as you are.

I tell people the tracking number when I send stuff but I'm not going to wait for others who don't. Get off your azz and do it instead of wondering. :banana:

I tell people the tracking number when I send stuff but I'm not going to wait for others who don't. Get off your azz and do it instead of wondering. :banana:

Please don't use the word "azz" and the dancing banana is the same post. Thank you.

I always email/PM a tracking number and date shipped.

I'm anal retentive too but also am lazy so that's a great internal confict I have to deal with.

:(

:signfunny:lol

I think it's a mark of a good business to provide things like tracking numbers. A possible sign of a bad business is when they say something like " We don't provide tracking numbers to help keep costs down". All that should be factored into the retail mark up and the shipping cost. Not to provide a tracking number could be percieved as a lack of respect for the customer.

Never got a tracking number on the WW I bought, nor the order before that. (shrug)

Never got a tracking number on the WW I bought, nor the order before that. (shrug)

Ditto

Ditto

I get em all the time on my purchases from Mr. Loey :hail:

I think it's a mark of a good business to provide things like tracking numbers. A possible sign of a bad business is when they say something like " We don't provide tracking numbers to help keep costs down". All that should be factored into the retail mark up and the shipping cost. Not to provide a tracking number could be percieved as a lack of respect for the customer.
I don't use Fed-Ex but, I always get a delivery confirmation. It's only about 45 cents. Rarely do I recieve a tracking # when I am expecting a package.

It's because it's damn regular mail without tracking. If it had it, you would have gotten it. :eek:

Ditto
F U, your books were free so I didn't care if it got to you or not. :whistle:

Ditto

I get em all the time on my purchases from Mr. Loey :hail:

It's because you rate.

Ditto

You're particularly persnickety today, lemon drops.

Ditto

You're particularly persnickety today, lemon drops.

Damn UK buyer delayed his payment again. Told him last chance or I neg his sorry arse. :eek:

Ditto
I have actually purchased books from you in the past