• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No tracking number from Metropolis? Booooo

52 posts in this topic

Did you email them for the number? I like to be proactive and actually ask them for it when they send my books. (shrug)

No everyone is as anal retentive well organized as you are.

I tell people the tracking number when I send stuff but I'm not going to wait for others who don't. Get off your azz and do it instead of wondering. :banana:

Never got a tracking number on the WW I bought, nor the order before that. (shrug)

Ditto

:o:o:o

wonderwoman-logm.jpgNightcrawler2.jpg

I'm just curious, does the paypal e-mail sent to the buyer when you print a shipping label have the tracking #? It's been a long time since I even looked at one. I guess it wouldn't work for fedex though.

I'm just curious, does the paypal e-mail sent to the buyer when you print a shipping label have the tracking #? It's been a long time since I even looked at one. I guess it wouldn't work for fedex though.
Yes, as I've received many of the email confirmations.

Dear Auburn Tiger and Fellow CGC Forum Members,

I don't read the boards every day so I apologize for answering this post so late. Tiger makes a very valid comment in his post. Fed Ex instant emails with tracking numbers will be going out to every customer as of today. I thank you for bringing it to my attention. As I have stated so many times before, if you have a suggestion on how we can better serve you please email me directly at vincentz@metropoliscomics.com.

The odd thing about this situation is that we had instant emails with tracking #s going out to customers on a daily basis approximately a year ago and I had assumed it was still in place. After doing some digging I think I have figured out what happened. I hired a new shipping manager about 8 months ago and somehow during the transition the Fed Ex Tracking # emails stopped going out to customers. I once again apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused. Tiger, if you would like your tracking # I would be happy to supply it to you but I don't know who you are. Please email shipping@metropoliscomics.com with your request and we will get everything straightened out.

Thanks again and I hope you like the book(s) when they arrive. If there are any problems with your order, once again my door is always open. Please call me toll free at 800-229-METRO ext 14 or email me at vincentz@metropoliscomics.com.

Sincerely,

Vincent

You don't want to send a USPS tracking number, unless it's requested, they no longer really provide tracking, just tell you when it's been delivered to the local post office and seeing that the label was printed, and nothing else drives people nuts...(they think it wasn't mailed)

That's exactly right. Also, it's not a tracking number, it's just a delivery confirmation number. If I were shipping UPS or FedEx, I'd send the tracking number. The USPS thing is basically worthless.