• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Van Halen

83 posts in this topic

60 second review of Friday night's VH show in CT:

1)DLR- Old, couldn't jump around as much as he used to, pretty tame during show. Took a few songs to feel he was into it, his voice sounded good.

2)Alex VH- Old, bangs the skins like a youngster. He's got a lot of them too(not youngsters, drums).

3)No Michael Anthony! :o Eddie's 17 year old pimply faced kid in place of MA and held his own. Not old.

4)Eddie VH- Old but can still play that guitar! (worship)

Overall- The show was fun!

After the tantrum they threw with Sammy and Michael I have no desire to see them. Real classy screwing over one of the founding members. At least Michael had the class to tell the fans to take it easy on the kid because he's young. rantrant

Mid life crisis? :baiting:

More like realizing that I am old, actually used earplugs cuz it was so loud(only one out of our group of 6 that did, the rest of them still had ringing ears the next morning).

Almost missed the show, didn't want to leave the bar where the Red Sox game was on. Fortunately the show was over and we were back to the bar to see the end.

After the tantrum they threw with Sammy and Michael I have no desire to see them. Real classy screwing over one of the founding members. At least Michael had the class to tell the fans to take it easy on the kid because he's young. rantrant

I didn't even realize that was an issue til the day of the show, nice to hear Michael remained civil in the process!

So, they are all in better shape than you?

I dunno about that, but I had the sense to keep my shirt on and avoid comparisons.

1)DLR- Old, couldn't jump around as much as he used to, pretty tame during show. Took a few songs to feel he was into it, his voice sounded good.

2)Alex VH- Old, bangs the skins like a youngster. He's got a lot of them too(not youngsters, drums).

3)No Michael Anthony! :o Eddie's 17 year old pimply faced kid in place of MA and held his own. Not old.

:cloud9:

Love Van Halen

:cloud9:

Love Van Halen

Saw them in '04 with Sammy. Good show. Too many Sammy solo songs though.

I saw VH perform back in 1984 (near the end of the colossal tour that broke them up) and I'd never pay a penny to see them again. Unfortunately David Lee Roth was completely drunk and made a fool of himself, couldn't sing the songs, kept missing his intros, and was completely off on his timing. Stopped one of the songs so he could yell at a fan who he accused of trying to spit on him. Worst concert I ever went to. Thank goodness for good drugs or it would have been a complete waste of time. lol:grin:

Glad the reunion show was good for you -- at least it's almost the original bunch and not the Van Hagar version. :P

I saw VH perform back in 1984 (near the end of the colossal tour that broke them up) and I'd never pay a penny to see them again. Unfortunately David Lee Roth was completely drunk and made a fool of himself, couldn't sing the songs, kept missing his intros, and was completely off on his timing. Stopped one of the songs so he could yell at a fan who he accused of trying to spit on him. Worst concert I ever went to. Thank goodness for good drugs or it would have been a complete waste of time. lol:grin:

Glad the reunion show was good for you -- at least it's almost the original bunch and not the Van Hagar version. :P

Why did you spit at him? :P:(

Who's Van Halen? Isn't that a video game?

No insufficiently_thoughtful_person, it's not a video game. Van Halen is that guy who's always trying to kill Dracula. Geeesh!!!!