• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Van Halen

83 posts in this topic

Motorhead!!!! :headbang: One of the best bands in music!!!!! Lemmy is God!!!! I have seen them a bunch of times!!! Ace of spades and Iron fist are enough to get me running up a wall!

List of shows!!! i have a great frame in my house with over 100 used metal show tickets in it. Anyone who comes over my house love to look at it. i might have enough tickets again to fill up another frame!!! talking about old school metal...I just saw Overkill sat. night in Jersey!! :headbang:

Motorhead -- I remember one time they cam to Dallas and played a 10,000 seat venue. There were less than 1,000 people. Lemmy was waaay pissed off but he told everyone to come down to the front standing area and just scream out songs they wanted to hear. It was an all request concert -- too cool!

All request concert sounds cool!!! I would guess that Motorhead does not have a big following in Texas. Any type of Metal scene in Texas?

Motorhead!!!! :headbang: One of the best bands in music!!!!! Lemmy is God!!!! I have seen them a bunch of times!!! Ace of spades and Iron fist are enough to get me running up a wall!

List of shows!!! i have a great frame in my house with over 100 used metal show tickets in it. Anyone who comes over my house love to look at it. i might have enough tickets again to fill up another frame!!! talking about old school metal...I just saw Overkill sat. night in Jersey!! :headbang:

Motorhead -- I remember one time they cam to Dallas and played a 10,000 seat venue. There were less than 1,000 people. Lemmy was waaay pissed off but he told everyone to come down to the front standing area and just scream out songs they wanted to hear. It was an all request concert -- too cool!

Dallas used to be a really big metal scene... hell, Z-Rock was based here. In the mid-90s, as metal started to die it pretty much die here with it.

I used to work for a radio station in the early 90s... all the concerts you can stand. Sure, lots of them are thing I wouldn't wish upon a broke- dog but I did get do work a lot of really cool shows...

KISS -- hanging out with Paul and Gene (at the station and in the dressing room) back stage for 3 shows.

Queensryche

Metallica

Billy Idol

and a ton of other hair bands.

That was the easiest job I've ever had.

I'm glad to see there's some Queensryche fans on the boards. I'm always amazed you don't hear them mentioned in the same breath as their contemporaries. They really are quite good.

I'd love to see Van Halen. They're one I've never done live. (Though I have admittably watched a few various live DVDs and bootlegs over the years.) I'd be much more inclined to go to a Van Hagar show than a Van Lee Roth show, though. Maybe it's because my memories of them are mostly with the Red Rocker. (And I'm more fond of that era of songs.)

It'd be weird to see a show without MA too. But if you're going to lose a member, that does seem less disastrous than a lead singer. (Although they've been good with 3 of them now. I'm one of the few people that didn't totally hate Gary. But maybe that has something to do with my not having seen them live.)

-Rob-

I'm glad to see there's some Queensryche fans on the boards. I'm always amazed you don't hear them mentioned in the same breath as their contemporaries. They really are quite good.

Queensrÿche is an incredible band. I've seen them three times (San Diego, Fort Lauderdale, Los Angles). Geoff Tate is one of the best (and most underrated) vocalists out there. Last show I saw was in '05. They basically played the entire conceptual album Operation: Mindcrime at the concert. It was absolutely brilliant. They are playing the House of Blues in Hollywood early next year (with Dokken). I will definitely go and see them again...

Queensrÿche is an incredible band. I've seen them three times (San Diego, Fort Lauderdale, Los Angles). Geoff Tate is one of the best (and most underrated) vocalists out there. Last show I saw was in '05. They basically played the entire conceptual album Operation: Mindcrime at the concert. It was absolutely brilliant. They are playing the House of Blues in Hollywood early next year (with Dokken). I will definitely go and see them again...

I saw Dokken open for Alice Cooper about 10 years ago. (Maybe a tad less or more.) George Lynch was in the line-up at the time and he DELIVERED that show. That was a particularly awesome show because Reb Beach was playing with Cooper at the time and he nailed that skanky guitar sound of Alice in the 70s (as opposed to some of the heavy thumping you hear in most modern line-ups of that band)

Anyway, I had a question. Is Lynch playing with Dokken in the upcoming show? I'm curious if they managed to get him back again because they're, imho, a much better band with him.

Also, I saw your handle on here is Master Chief. Have you played Halo3?

Well, I went to the VH concert this past Sunday, and I am going again on Friday.

I've seen the various incarnations about 15 times over the years. Probably my favorite group of all time. I met Eddie, Alex, and Michael about 10 years ago. I had them autograph a giant poster for me. I'll have to look for pictures tonight and see if I can find them.

Anyway, the concert on Sunday was pretty good. You can tell Dave had his hand in the production of this show. Lots of entertaining moments and pretty much non-stop music for 2 hours. I bought a VH hoodie. Debated about buying a VH thong for the missus, but figured that wouldn't go over well. :blush:

I was deaf for a day though, and I was back a bit from the stage. Should be interesting on Friday though, I have tickets at the first section by the left side of the stage, row 2. :applause:

Can't wait.

I saw Dokken open for Alice Cooper about 10 years ago. (Maybe a tad less or more.) George Lynch was in the line-up at the time and he DELIVERED that show. That was a particularly awesome show because Reb Beach was playing with Cooper at the time and he nailed that skanky guitar sound of Alice in the 70s (as opposed to some of the heavy thumping you hear in most modern line-ups of that band)

Anyway, I had a question. Is Lynch playing with Dokken in the upcoming show? I'm curious if they managed to get him back again because they're, imho, a much better band with him.

From what I understand, Don Dokken will be opening for Queensrÿche and Dokken will play an acoustical set. Very few details on the show as it was just announced a couple of days ago. The show is set for 22-23 February.

I have never played Halo myself, but my boys do. My handle is the rank I held in the Navy.

From what I understand, Don Dokken will be opening for Queensrÿche and Dokken will play an acoustical set. Very few details on the show as it was just announced a couple of days ago. The show is set for 22-23 February.

I have never played Halo myself, but my boys do. My handle is the rank I held in the Navy.

Definitely more admarable than a stupid game!