• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newby w/ question about PRICING

9 posts in this topic

Hi Folks,

I like to know where you find out about back issue pricing, I know that you can buy the Overstreet Price Guide but I would like to see if there are any free web sites that can give me semi accurate pricing. The two web sites that I know are:

http://comicspriceguide.com and

http://www.nostomania.com/servlets/com.nostomania.HomeServlet

Does anyone have any others??

If not what do you think of these? Are these in the ballpark for pricing?

if you're new to the hobby but are going to be spending money, invest the $25 in an OPG. aside from the #s (which always have to be taken with a grain of salt and discounted or augmented when necessary), it has all sorts of interesting info in there about first appearances, dates, artists, etc.

ebay completed sales are probably the best 'free" info. sales here are not because, honestly, sometimes people here are giving stuff away for a quick sale to raise cash, clear up space or they only want one HG copy of a book and are willing to take a phat loss to get rid of their undercopy. those price guide sites are not terribly reliable and will probably give an inflated view of things. but you need to analyze those ebay auctions...for example, did it go low because the seller looks fishy and did a lousy description? did it go high because there are some shenanigans going on? and just because the seller says "NM" doesn't mean it's NM! And most of the time the buyers know this and this is reflected in the price.

For common books and sales use ebay/past sales. For CGC you can use heritage past sales but you have to register. GPAnalysis costs $100 a year but you could probably ask one or two if you had only a few rare books in mind you wanted to buy.

Thanks for the info. guys.

I am thinking of putting together a new collection (maybe captain america, iron man, etc - havn't decided yet) and was wandering about back issue $$$.

it's very easy to spend ALOT of money on these boards because there's so much good stuff available.

just be careful :)