• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Probation Thread Timelines Poll

Time for Communication  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Time for Communication

36 posts in this topic

The idea is to get a consensus as to whether the time periods currently used in the Sales Forum Probation Thread are optimal. Currently, the maxim is work behind the scenes but don't out someone in the Probation thread until 30 days has passed. I, and others, think that the times should be tweaked.

Delivery times quoted below are for situations where a trackable method is not utilized. Key to me is communication. So if a seller gives me a tracking # (that returns as recognized by the shipping co.) within 7 days of payment, I'm cool with that. If it then takes 45 days to get here based on the method of shipping agreed to by the parties, no dispute. No tracking # means that the time periods kick in unless the parties agreed otherwise.

You forgot the only question that matters . . . :grin:
Why does it hurt when I pee?

:makepoint:

When does a deadbeat get put on the list? :sumo:

Yep. I forgot that one. I'm pretty understanding and will allow some time but I need communication. If you're going to be late, let me know. Selling or buying. That's why I've started putting that I expect payment within 10 days of :takeit: unless we work something out in advance.

Once the selling thread ends if payment isn't made within 5 minutes :sumo:
Then that puts you in the thread :baiting:

Never. Once my total is sent to me, I pay instantly :sumo: :sumo:

Especially if I loose a bet :sumo::baiting:

November 1st is the due date :makepoint:

Whats this due date krap all about (shrug)

You loose, you pay :makepoint:

Whats this due date krap all about (shrug)

You loose, you pay :makepoint:

Rules made before bets were agreed upon :gossip:

leave it at 30 days and use common sense as to whether to out a fellow boardie or not.

I have waited way more then a month for items to arrive from some pretty well respected boardmembers but I didn't go throwing names up on the probation list.

leave it at 30 days and use common sense as to whether to out a fellow boardie or not.

I have waited way more then a month for items to arrive from some pretty well respected boardmembers but I didn't go throwing names up on the probation list.

:applause:

March Arch can execute some -script that'll brand the deadbeat's avatar as a welcher if they haven't paid in the alloted amount of time. :insane:

it would be easier to just change their custom title to "WELCHER" in bright scarlet lettering

March Arch can execute some -script that'll brand the deadbeat's avatar as a welcher if they haven't paid in the alloted amount of time. :insane:

it would be easier to just change their custom title to "WELCHER" in bright scarlet lettering

like thats going to happen.

like thats going to happen.

(shrug)

Arch changed people's titles to "cursed" last year for merely not following thread protocol on a Halloween thread in General. don't see why that would be any different, provided he was given sufficient evidence to make the "welcher" change