• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Abusive Comments On CAF?

40 posts in this topic

p.s. couple of points:

1. All my comments on his gallery are honest observations. I'm not making anything up - these are my honest opinions (which, some argued on the Byrne board, makes them justified).

Your comments are not really observations, more like opinions, which you are entitled to. But this just sounds like you wanted to pis$ him off because he pissed you off.

Collecting OA can really be an eye of the beholder thing sometimes. I think you are confusing "quality" with popularity or subject matter. Just because he is a horror fan and has some less well known pieces doesn't take away from the fact that he likes the subject, which ultimately is the reason he bought it.

CAF is an open forum that allows anyone to voice their opinion. But sometimes just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

So his harsh comments were part of an ongoing p#ssing match he had with Paul Greer in another forum? I'm not sure if his using CAF comments to further his online disagreement makes it any better. And I'm not certain that Paul has no problems with what he did. He seems to be tolerating it, showing a lot class and patience.

Since you know me, and know I don't make comments like that,

lol

That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time.

Just another reason to make a thread,really. "I stubbed my toe" make a thread..."I didn't shower today" make a thread. "Someone left a childish comment on CAF" make a thread.

Isn't this why we're all here? For the lovely social interaction. This guy really does seem to have been out of line on CAF. No offense Kevin. (thumbs u

I'm just tired of the "I can't think for myself" type threads.

Early on, Nexus made some great points on this post. Leave the comments and replies in public sight; it lets us all know a lot about the individuals involved.

While Tony Marine's comments were insensitive, he honestly doesn't seem to understand that. For that reason, it's hard to hate the guy. He's not meaning to be cruel, he's just...boorish. He's trying to offer some advice.

He forgets: (1) Not all budgets are the same. If I'm not picking up the latest Mignola cover, it ain't because I don't like Mignola. It's because my wallet doesn't like the price of Mignola's art.

(2) Not all tastes are the same. If Tony loves Greg Horn art, the Power Rangers and nothing but splash pages that involve monkeys, he's not gonna like my collection. (On the other hand, I might like his collection. I likes me some monkeys.)

But if I didn't like what he'd collected, I'd pass by his CAF site without a word. Because there ain't that many comic OA collectors out there and I feel a bond with most of them.

I am surprised at some of the post. I have spent a lot of time going through peoples galleries and I must say I have seen some stuff I love and stuff I don't care for. I would never ditch someone's stuff I didn't like since it is only my opinion. I know I wouldn't like someone posting that stuff in my gallery.

I am surprised at some of the post. I have spent a lot of time going through peoples galleries and I must say I have seen some stuff I love and stuff I don't care for. I would never ditch someone's stuff I didn't like since it is only my opinion. I know I wouldn't like someone posting that stuff in my gallery.

I guess that means you wouldn't make comments like this or this or this or this ... doh!

I guess that means you wouldn't make comments like this or this or this or this ... doh!

I have no idea who Tony is. I have to admit however, that I agree about Golden's Storm piece.

Though it is bad taste to express it in someones gallery page. Those kind of comments are

best un-said.