• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mylars in Longboxes

51 posts in this topic

So you need to buy CGC shortboxes for Archives? That doesn't make alot of sense...

What did collectors do before the CGC boxes came out?

Jim

I'm just saying that's what I use. There may be other boxes that fit the archives. But the CGC boxes hold everything, mags, CGC books, archives. One size fits all. With the extra space on the sides you can always fill it with OSPG guides or mags or whatever you wish.

So you need to buy CGC shortboxes for Archives? That doesn't make alot of sense...

Jim

I'm just saying that's what I use. There may be other boxes that fit the archives. But the CGC boxes hold everything, mags, CGC books, archives. One size fits all. With the extra space on the sides you can always fill it with OSPG guides or mags or whatever you wish.

That's great...but they are shortboxes and I have way too many comics to be playing around with shortboxes...

The reason I ask is because I have several hundred comics (maybe a thousand now) in Archives that I've bought over the years and can't file them with their associated runs. I store them in boxes (non-comic) separately. It's become a problem as I have a couple hundred unused Archive mylars and Fullbacks but haven't used them to rebag comics due to them not fitting in the boxes...either height or width-wise. That in itself is a damn waste. Also, because of the collection being sorted in different areas I've found I'm buying upgrades of comics that I've already upgraded and are sitting in a different box. Now that problem isn't due just because of the Archive/box issue and is probably more to do with having way more comics than I can mentally handle but getting some semblance of organization would be a great help...

So...I'm still looking for those longboxes...and probably ready to get rid of a load of comics...

Jim

That's great...but they are shortboxes and I have way too many comics to be playing around with shortboxes...

While I probably only have 1% of the books you do hm, shortboxes have the advantage that us old codgers can actually move them without breaking something we want to keep.

While I probably only have 1% of the books you do hm, shortboxes have the advantage that us old codgers can actually move them without breaking something we want to keep.

I hear ya. I'm not getting any younger either...but it's either 45 longboxes or 90 shortboxes. I'd rather have the smaller number to worry about...

Jim

I hear ya. I'm getting any younger either...but it's either 45 longboxes or 90 shortboxes. I'd rather have the smaller number to worry about...

Jim

The long box is terrible on the back. Go with 90 Short boxes. (thumbs u

What he said. You'll still have the same amount of books, and the shorter boxes with take up only minimally more room. Moving long boxes blows.

Totally agree: Everything I currently own are in short boxes!!!!

Also using magazine size boxes helps if you have Golden Age books!!!!!

That way you can double mylar (put a mylite for example inside a larger mylar) and they will fit perfectly!!! You also get a little added protection.

I use the grey archival shortboxes sold by E. Gerber. Here's the link:

http://egerber.com/items/boxes.htm

If you have books stored in open Mylars, archival boxes are definitely the way to go. The acids in regular boxes can accelerate the aging process.

The bad news for you would be the cost...it would be a ton of cash to order 90 of these, and they are magazine-proportioned so they will take up more space than the smaller kind of short box. It would probably make sense to order just the ones you need for your Mylared books.

Jim

Long boxes that were 1 inch taller than those available now, used to be available. We had alot of these packed with show stock AND dividers. It was a great time saver when setting up at cons. I can't remember who made them, and none I still have, are marked.

:sumo:

Jim

Long boxes that were 1 inch taller than those available now, used to be available. We had alot of these packed with show stock AND dividers. It was a great time saver when setting up at cons. I can't remember who made them, and none I still have, are marked.

:sumo:

What size exactly are you all looking for?? We make the plastic boxes on premesis and could make any size you want. and color i think for that matter.