• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mylars in Longboxes

51 posts in this topic

Yeah, personally, the plastic boxes are garbage. They are WAY too wide for SA/BA books, and are WAY too short to fill substantially. I bought 5 of these from 'bags unlimited' last year, and thought for certain when they arrived, that there was a mistake in the order. I now use three of them to hold my car products (polish, wax, wash, ect)

I really don't care for these at all....

Hey everyone,

I think i stated this earlier in this thread. We can make plastic boxes any size you want to fit your comics. Long, short, magazine, any size. We make them right here in our warehouse. Oh any color just about too. We just made a red one to see how it looks. If you want let me know what dimensions you need to fit the mylar or mylites and i can look into for you. Cool??

Jeff

You should post a picture of the red box.

z64redpb.jpg

I will go to my LCS and buy a magazine box. The shorts are 8" wide, which ID would be 10/32" according to my handy chart. The bags are 7.75" wide for Silver. So, just a hare too small ID.

The magazine boxes are 9" minus the 10/32". Much better. Just for those in Silver bags, I bought 20 shorts of the 8" so I need to use them considering the cost.

Thoughts?

Yeah, personally, the plastic boxes are garbage. They are WAY too wide for SA/BA books, and are WAY too short to fill substantially. I bought 5 of these from 'bags unlimited' last year, and thought for certain when they arrived, that there was a mistake in the order. I now use three of them to hold my car products (polish, wax, wash, ect)

I really don't care for these at all....

They are good for shows, as they look pretty. But yeah they have several problems that cardboard doesn't, such as stacking. The ones I have can't be that much wider as a normal cardboard is 8" wide and you can easily fit 9 boxes on a 6' table. However, plastic boxes have to hang over both edges to fit 9 boxes on same table. A little safer to go with 8 boxes.

Ok, i will. Just a side note, our long cardboard boxes are double walled. No one has ever complained about them.

Throw a pic of these boxes up if you don't mind. Thanks

z66dw.jpg

comicboxes_lg.jpg

Here you go. The first pic shows the double wall on our box.

I use the grey archival shortboxes sold by E. Gerber. Here's the link:

http://egerber.com/items/boxes.htm

If you have books stored in open Mylars, archival boxes are definitely the way to go. The acids in regular boxes can accelerate the aging process.

The bad news for you would be the cost...it would be a ton of cash to order 90 of these, and they are magazine-proportioned so they will take up more space than the smaller kind of short box. It would probably make sense to order just the ones you need for your Mylared books.

I use those as well - archives fit perfectly in there. All lesser value books go in Mylites2 with half-backs or full-backs and are then stored in either the short Drawerboxes or my filing cabinets.

Hey everyone,

I think i stated this earlier in this thread. We can make plastic boxes any size you want to fit your comics. Long, short, magazine, any size. We make them right here in our warehouse. Oh any color just about too. We just made a red one to see how it looks. If you want let me know what dimensions you need to fit the mylar or mylites and i can look into for you. Cool??

Jeff

z64redpb.jpg

Wow. That's bright. (thumbs u

Ya know it might not be a bad idea to get one of those and place the really great books in it. Then during a calamity you just grab the red box and get out of the house quickly. :insane:

Hey everyone,

Jeff

z64redpb.jpg

Wow. That's bright. (thumbs u

Ya know it might not be a bad idea to get one of those and place the really great books in it. Then during a calamity you just grab the red box and get out of the house quickly. :insane:

Well I never thought of that idea, but that is one way to do it. We recently sold a comic collector 100 of them, 50 in white and 50 in blue and he has them lined up one white then one blue. Looks like stripes in his basement. pretty cool. Our main seller is white. We were thinking of doing red, white and blue for our showroom here.