• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whatever happened to Ian Levine?

65 posts in this topic

Those crazy videos of his are around here somewhere.

Reminds me of Crazy Eddie.

1985crazyeddie4th2.jpg

I think the videos you're thinking of were of long-time east coast dealer Phil Levine, no relation.

Those crazy videos of his are around here somewhere.

Reminds me of Crazy Eddie.

1985crazyeddie4th2.jpg

I think the videos you're thinking of were of long-time east coast dealer Phil Levine, no relation.

I think you are right. doh!

So he did complete that collection? Did he start in the 1930s? Or was it a later year? Even the 90s to present stuff? Wow that must be alot of comics!!

A complete DC collection.

Yes there are some pictures if you search. EVERY DC from Tec 1 to whatever Superman came out last month including variants, reprints, trades, ashcans ... EVERYTHING.

He doesn't have all the variants and reprints and certainly not all the ashcans. I don't think he is interested in the Whitman/DC versions for example. IIRC he also doesn't get any Trade Hardcovers. Last I heard he is still searching for a few dozen or so Promo/Giveaway/insert type DC comics.

So he did complete that collection? Did he start in the 1930s? Or was it a later year? Even the 90s to present stuff? Wow that must be alot of comics!!

A complete DC collection.

Yes there are some pictures if you search. EVERY DC from Tec 1 to whatever Superman came out last month including variants, reprints, trades, ashcans ... EVERYTHING.

He doesn't have all the variants and reprints and certainly not all the ashcans. I don't think he is interested in the Whitman/DC versions for example. IIRC he also doesn't get any Trade Hardcovers. Last I heard he is still searching for a few dozen or so Promo/Giveaway/insert type DC comics.

Well in that case My bad. I do remember him spending a crazy about on a Death Of Superman trade, like $1000 or something so i thought he collected those as well.

One board member gave him a HTF Buzzy #70, I'm trying to remember what his reward was......

I refused to accept any sort of payment for the book or shipping. I got the satisfaction of some good Karma, no more no less. Not everyone in life has to be fleeced or fully taken advantage of Vince, even if they're asking for it. I remember feeling good about doing that much more than the few hundred bucks I'd have asked him for the book.

As far as I was aware when 'talking' to Ian he did collect all the trades and hardcovers but drew the line with variants trades and hardcovers (for example trades with the old DC logo that have been reprinted with the new DC Logo).

Earl.

One board member gave him a HTF Buzzy #70, I'm trying to remember what his reward was......

I refused to accept any sort of payment for the book or shipping. I got the satisfaction of some good Karma, no more no less. Not everyone in life has to be fleeced or fully taken advantage of Vince, even if they're asking for it. I remember feeling good about doing that much more than the few hundred bucks I'd have asked him for the book.

Even so Shawn, feeling good is payment in it's own way, isn't it. Plus, a little publicity never hurt anyone. :angel:

As far as I was aware when 'talking' to Ian he did collect all the trades and hardcovers but drew the line with variants trades and hardcovers (for example trades with the old DC logo that have been reprinted with the new DC Logo).

Earl.

Then he cant say he owns every DC (shrug) . Pretty simple

He'll probably pop in now, since he's being talked about. Some people have a spider-sense about that sort of thing.

I was the one who sold him his copy of 'Narrative Illustration: the Story of the Comics' thru eBay. So I guess I played some small part in his collection. (Whoopee.)