• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Four Favorites 30

29 posts in this topic

I hate to do this, but I got back on my four favorite horse and after some purchases realized that Four Favorites 30 is not only the last book i need to finish the run, but the collection of Ace (all 86 of them)....so if someone knows of the whereabouts, I would appreciate it......VG or better is just ducky....

oh and to justify this crass commercial plea....here is a smattering of Ace books...jon

and the Boards did not let me down! winging the way to me is the last of the set compliments of SR....

46761-FourFav30.jpg.9c36b2d7318efd321ed783f59814eb30.jpg

I hate to do this, but I got back on my four favorite horse and after some purchases realized that Four Favorites 30 is not only the last book i need to finish the run, but the collection of Ace (all 86 of them)....so if someone knows of the whereabouts, I would appreciate it......VG or better is just ducky....

oh and to justify this crass commercial plea....here is a smattering of Ace books...jon

and the Boards did not let me down! winging the way to me is the last of the set compliments of SR....

Very nice copy, so how many complete publisher sets does this make for you?. I know about the Centaurs, Ace Magazines, Cheslers... I think and a bunch of other small publishers. Holyoke maybe? Could you list them all? Are there any others you are still working on? Inquiring minds want to know.

Very nice copy, so how many complete publisher sets does this make for you?. I know about the Centaurs, Ace Magazines, Cheslers... I think and a bunch of other small publishers. Holyoke maybe? Could you list them all? Are there any others you are still working on? Inquiring minds want to know.

Actually do not have all the Cheslers, thin on Red Seal, but do have a set of all pre-War Fox books before it went bankrupt.....jb

the Four Favorites is the Crippen copy

Actually do not have all the Cheslers, thin on Red Seal, but do have a set of all pre-War Fox books before it went bankrupt.....jb

Thanks for the reply. Well, at least you are pretty close to a Chesler set as there were only 8 or Red Seals IIRC. So you have all FFS comics before the 1942 bankruptcy... very tough set to put together. I am a big fan of the smaller GA publishers and some sets are mission impossible to find in decent shape. Congrats.

Thanks for the reply. Well, at least you are pretty close to a Chesler set as there were only 8 or Red Seals IIRC. So you have all FFS comics before the 1942 bankruptcy... very tough set to put together. I am a big fan of the smaller GA publishers and some sets are mission impossible to find in decent shape. Congrats.

I love the smaller publishers.....i have sets of superworld, bang up, miracle, whirlwind, hyper-mystery, wow, rocket, best, green turtle, circus, victory and "one shot wonders"...you get the drift...jb