• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Comico Primer 2

10 posts in this topic

Hello first post here. Just curious about this book as there is a strange ripple on the left side of the book see attached image. There is no sign of water damage on the interior of the book or inside the front cover or back cover. Besides the ripple the book is real nice over all. If anyone has any idea what else could of caused the ripple please comment as I am at a loss. And how much is this going to change the grade. I have never attached/uploaded a picture before so I hope it works.

Thanks.

primerfront.jpg

primerback.jpgripple.jpg

I can't see it in the black area. I see a ripple in the Comico logo however.

Even though there is no evidence visually on the inside, there could still be

some moisture causing the ripple: I've got a couple silver-age Spidey's

like that.

Otherwise it looks like a NM+ to me. Too bad it's from a company that

was born in hell.

This is one of my favorite modern books and I have a number of these in the collection. It is hard for me to grade the book without seeing all of the damage clearly. I would think the ripples are from water damage with the black cover hiding it well but perhaps some other boardies would have additonal suggestions.

Thank you for the welcome.

There is no visible damage involved with the rippling other than the ripple of course, that is what I find strange. The inside front cover is white and and shows no evidence/staining or colour change to the ripple even being there. There is no staining on the inside pages either and this is why I was wondering what the grade would be with this strange ripple (wave) on the cover. The scan is not the greatest but the condition of the book is clearly what you see in the scan so if the book would be an easy 9.2 or 9.4 how much would the book be knocked down to with such an issue. Sorry it is hard to capture the wave in the scan (did my best) but visibly it is very hard to see and more easily felt then seen. In the picture where I tried to show the ripple/wave that is where it is found on the book in that area only anything else is an artifact from my crappy scanner. The wave is as wide as the V in Victor to the T in Victor an is maybe 3 inch's long.

There is a chance the ripples were cause by moisture on the bottom of a glass that was placed on the book and that is why it is only 3 inches or so.

If the ripples are water damage, I hate to break the news on such a nice book but maybe 4.5/5.0 :shrug: It obviously presents better than that and it is hard to get a good look at the book from a scan.

Maybe some of the other guys have some thoughts and they can tell me I am off on this. (thumbs u

Without seeing the comic book, the waviness can be from humidity; with no

visible staining. This could have occurred at the printer, the paper mill

even before it reached the newstand way back when.

And thus, the impact on the overall grade would be lessened? Somehow? :grin:

:baiting: