• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS - COVERLESS Golden Age Books - Read History For A Small Price $

16 posts in this topic

Over the Summer I purchased an OO collection that had about 700 books from primarily 1948 - 1960 (with a smattering of books through 1970 or so). The owner was probably about 10 - 22 years old during this time so no surprise that the earlier books are in worse shape. A number of them are coverless, but perfectly complete and readable. Some even still have a back cover.

This is a perfect opportunity to finally read some classic and incredible stories from an era that is unsurpassed (IMHO) from other periods in our hobby, but at a fraction of what these books would otherwise cost if only they had a simple cover!

Most of the books would cost hundreds of dollars with a cover if even in somewhat decent shape (so if you can find a cover you can turn a quick $ :cloud9: ). Instead, you can spend just a few dollars and be able to enjoy the book by either reading it yourself or sharing it with your children. And the cost is so inexpensive, you can simply throw the book away if you so choose (though I wouldn't!!! ;) ).

Please note the actual condition of the books vary even if coverless (i.e., some torn or loose pages) though the majority are perfectly fine. Do not hesitate to inquire as to a specific book if you wish and no matter I will alert you to a significant defect prior to purchase so that you will have the opportunity to withdraw if you choose.

FORUM PRICE (unless otherwise noted): $10 per book, three for $25, five for $38, ten for $70 :banana:

SHIPPING: $5 USPS Priority Mail for as many as I can squeeze in the envelope

PAYMENT METHODS: Paypal to EsquireComics@aol.com or personal check

RETURN POLICY: No questions asked, but seriously why in the world would you return a coverless book (not like you will squabble with me over condition)!!!! In any event, you must notify me in writing within three (3) calendar days of receiving the book that you desire to return it, and you must ship it back to me within seven (7) calendar days. All associated costs for returning the book must be borne by the purchaser. And, of course, the book must be returned in the same condition it was received (not like that would be difficult! meh ).

First :takeit: takes it! Please specify which issues you want.

I also have some books that I don't know what they are and will throw miscellaneous copies in with people's orders!

Any questions, just PM me! (thumbs u

NetworkOfDisclosure-3_20.jpg

FAWCETT

Captain Marvel Adventures 90

Captain Marvel Adventures 100 (origin retold) SOLD

Captain Marvel Adventures 104

Captain Marvel Adventures 106 (back cover attached)

Captain Marvel Adventures 107

Captain Marvel Adventures 110

Captain Marvel and Good Humor Man nn ($15)

Captain Marvel Jr 75

Captain Marvel Jr 79

Captain Marvel Jr 83

Captain Marvel Jr 86

Captain Marvel Jr 87

Captain Marvel Jr 89

Captain Marvel Story Book 2

Captain Marvel Story Book 4

Marvel Family 33

Marvel Family 41

Marvel Family 45

Marvel Family 46

Marvel Family 51

Master Comics 87

Master Comics 113

Master Comics 114

Master Comics 116

Master Comics 117

Master Comics 123 (lower print run)

Whiz Comics 86 (Capt Marvel battles Sivana family) SOLD

Whiz Comics 97

Whiz Comics 114

Whiz Comics 119

Whiz Comics 121

Whiz Comics 122

Whiz Comics 123

Whiz Comics 125

Whiz Comics 152 (back cover attached, low distribution, $15)

Xmas Comics - I believe #4 (giant edition, compilation of numerous remaindered titles, 1949, has back cover - $20) SOLD

LEV GLEASON

Daredevil 72

Daredevil unknown issue #

DC

Adventure 205 ($15)

Gang Busters 10

Real Fact Comics 19 (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle story)

CRESTWOOD PUBLISHING

Black Magic 8 (Simon & Kirby - $15)

HILLMAN PERIODICALS

Airboy vol 5, #8

Airboy vol 5, #12

Airboy vol 6, #2

Airboy vol 6, #3 (2 copies available)

Airboy vol 6, #4

Airboy vol 6, #5

Airboy vol 6, #6

Airboy vol 6, #9

Airboy vol 6, #10

Airboy vol 7, #2

Airboy vol 7, #3

Crime Detective 1 SOLD

Crime Detective 2 SOLD

BEST SYNDICATED FEATURES

Romantic Adventures 27

DELL

Four Color 266 (Bugs Bunny on the "Isle of Hercules")

ATLAS

Crime Must Lose - unsure of # (splash story "The Most Heartless Crime")

Girl Comics - unsure of # (1951)

Mystic 2 ($20)

Strange Tales - unsure of # (1951-52, splash story "The Egg", Heath art, #2 - $20) SOLD

QUESTION TO FORUM:

Can anyone identify these books:

Bugs Bunny giant edition, title story "in The Days Before Christmas", code # on bottom of page is W.B.X.A. #1 - 5011

Bugs Bunny, code # on bottom of page is L.M. #81-487

Splash page is "Little Fish of Gold", also contains funny animal stories entitled "Smilin' Ed's Gang Goes to Africa", all stories by Hobart Donovan

FORUM PRICE (unless otherwise noted): $10 per book, three for $25, five for $38, ten for $70 :banana:

FAWCETT

Captain Marvel Adventures 100 (origin retold)

Whiz Comics 86 (Capt Marvel battles Sivana family)

Xmas Comics - I believe #4 (giant edition, compilation of numerous remaindered titles, 1949, has back cover - $20)

HILLMAN PERIODICALS

Crime Detective 1

Crime Detective 2

:takeit: mmm...coverless...

FAWCETT

Captain Marvel Adventures 100 (origin retold)

Whiz Comics 86 (Capt Marvel battles Sivana family)

Xmas Comics - I believe #4 (giant edition, compilation of numerous remaindered titles, 1949, has back cover - $20)

HILLMAN PERIODICALS

Crime Detective 1

Crime Detective 2

:takeit: mmm...coverless...

PM SENT! (thumbs u

Strange Tales - unsure of # (1951-52, splash story "The Egg", Heath art so likely #2 or #6 - $20) -

This is issue 2

:takeit:

(a couple caveats - not falling apart, torn or ratty. There's coverless and then there's recycling... :grin:)

Strange Tales - unsure of # (1951-52, splash story "The Egg", Heath art so likely #2 or #6 - $20) -

This is issue 2

(a couple caveats - not falling apart, torn or ratty. There's coverless and then there's recycling... :grin:)

I believe this one is a perfectly fine coverless copy!

Thanks! (thumbs u

This is issue 2

In Sat's mail to you!! (thumbs u

I read through it. Decent stories. :gossip:

Anything a five and seven year old would like other than Four Color 266 (Bugs Bunny on the "Isle of Hercules")

Mike

Mike, there are a few other Bugs Bunnies and possible Micky Mouse that I didn't list b/c they were not complete. But for little kids they would be perfect.

If you're interested I can send you some if you cover postage.

Mark