• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: So if I were to write the next Superman movie...

147 posts in this topic

Could borrow from the eradicator and make him intent on terraforming the Earth in the image of Krypton. hm

It's certainly a much better idea than throwing some kryptonite into the ocean and creating a giant kryptonite continent.

Also, with Brainiac as the villain, you could somehow introduce Kandor into the mix (although that might be too much for the general audience).

I think the majority wants to see Brainiac, and if we are looking for ways to get rid of the Super-Kid,. his DNA could suddenly break down due to the mix of Kryptonian and Mortal DNA and then he becomes Bizarro, which would make it very hard for Supes to fight him knowing that it's actually his own son he's fighting, then somehow (Cadmus or Lex/Brainiac) offer to study the boy (Bizzaro) and help stabilize his DNA or something, all the while getting a good study of Kryptonian DNA to make an army of Supermen or Bizzaros or something like that. just a thought.

I don't know. So he's like a 7-year-old Bizarro?

I think the majority wants to see Brainiac, and if we are looking for ways to get rid of the Super-Kid,. his DNA could suddenly break down due to the mix of Kryptonian and Mortal DNA and then he becomes Bizarro, which would make it very hard for Supes to fight him knowing that it's actually his own son he's fighting, then somehow (Cadmus or Lex/Brainiac) offer to study the boy (Bizzaro) and help stabilize his DNA or something, all the while getting a good study of Kryptonian DNA to make an army of Supermen or Bizzaros or something like that. just a thought.

oops, I didn't think of that hm

uh he could have an accelerated growth rate or something. along with the DNA breakdown.. it's comics, everything can be fixed,.. lol

Make the kid get sick (as dude described; some sort of DNA breakdown). Some doctors step in (flunkies of Brainiac) and try to create their own Superman. The Franken-Supes becomes Bizarro.

So, supes has a foe that can equal him in strength but also has to deal with Brainiac.

All the while, the kid remains in the hospital/lab, so you really don't have to do anything with him, other than the rescue. Or kill him off and we're back to status quo.

Another possibility would be using Alan Moore's "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow" as a foundation. Moore's take on Mxyzptlk as the faceless enemy who can strike anywhere at anytime would likely have resonance with today's audience. This would also present an opportunity to use Superman's second tier villains. (Metallo, The Parasite, The Krytonite Man, etc...)

Make the kid get sick (as dude described; some sort of DNA breakdown). Some doctors step in (flunkies of Brainiac) and try to create their own Superman. The Franken-Supes becomes Bizarro.

So, supes has a foe that can equal him in strength but also has to deal with Brainiac.

All the while, the kid remains in the hospital/lab, so you really don't have to do anything with him, other than the rescue. Or kill him off and we're back to status quo.

Interesting. hm

Interesting. hm

It also allows you to re-introduce Luthor in the 3rd movie and use the Morrison idea as the premise. (thumbs u

There, we just doubled your workload. :D

So an army of Bizarros, keeping Supes busy when he really needs to be dealing with Braniac.

I'd like to come up with a goal for Braniac. World domination? Terra-forming the Earth in the image of Krypton?

In the last spider-man, they didn't handle the multiple villains very well. But, what about combining Zod and Mxyzptlk? Zod for the action sequences and Mxyzptlk to mix things up. He can keep it lighthearted.

Zod returns, Superman goes to battle him. The first is a draw, the second battle is a classic for all time with them tearing apart Metropolis.

Meanwhile, Mxyzptlk, just makes Supes life a misery, ruining things with Lois and other mayhem. Great opportunity for fun in the story, he makes a perfect PG movie for the summer crowd.

In the end, Mxyzptlk's trick to capture Superman grabs Zod instead. (Maybe too corny and predictable, but plausible).

Good luck.

I'd like to come up with a goal for Braniac. World domination? Terra-forming the Earth in the image of Krypton?

I like the Terra-form idea. It's alot more original that world domination or enslavement of the human race.

Perhaps Brainiac could be from a different planet than Krypton though. His planet was destroyed similar to Supes. He could enter the movie along those lines and Supes may even have sympathy for him at first, until he realizes Brainiacs true intentions.

Not very well thought out, just throwing stuff out there. (shrug)

So an army of Bizarros, keeping Supes busy when he really needs to be dealing with Braniac.

If I remember correctly Brainiacs goal in TAS was to absorb all the information of every planet he came across, going from world to world downloading all it's information leaving it dead then moving on,.. I don't know if "downloading" information is all that menacing, but whatever the drive behind Brainiacs mayhem should be on a universe level instead of just Earth..

Terra forming the Earth into Kryptons image is almost the same as Lex was trying to do in SR.

I like the Terra-form idea. It's alot more original that world domination or enslavement of the human race.

Perhaps Brainiac could be from a different planet than Krypton though. His planet was destroyed similar to Supes. He could enter the movie along those lines and Supes may even have sympathy for him at first, until he realizes Brainiacs true intentions.

I always thought it was a little weird that he (Brainiac) was also from Krypton (in TAS), I think him originating from a different planet may be the way to go as well.

I always thought it was a little weird that he (Brainiac) was also from Krypton (in TAS), I think him originating from a different planet may be the way to go as well.

I'd make him more from a "Matrix" or "Terminator" machine world. He comes to Earth after his planet is destroyed to remake the earth into his new planet. Of course, he'll have to eliminate all those pesky humans running around the place.

- There should be more chemistry between Lois Lane and Clark Kent. I just didn't feel that connection in the first film. Someone a little more mature should be cast as Lois Lane..........Margot Kidder was great.

- Ditch the whole son of Superman angle. I mean seriously, where were they going with that?!

- As mentioned above, Lex Luthor should sit this one out.

- Superman needs to face a villain from beyond our solar system (Brainiac, Doomsday, etc.). I want Superman to be the underdog in an epic final battle that shatters buildings into pieces and topples mountains. Heck, if the Eiffel Tower is to be used as a weapon, then so be it. :)

- Keep the gushy backstory to a minimum. No one wants to see Superman stalk Lois in the middle of the night, and for goodness sake, enough of the flying over Metropolis with Lois in his arms. This movie needs to be geared towards the male viewers first.

- The opening scene should show Superman defeating another semi-tough DC foe (a la the James Bond movies). This should get the audience into the mood right from the start.

- The opening scene should show Superman defeating another semi-tough DC foe (a la the James Bond movies). This should get the audience into the mood right from the start.

Nice.... (thumbs u

What I felt was missing most from the first movie was the "fun" it could have/should have been. A little too serious for a comic book themed movie. One of the best parts was watching Superman use his powers saving the airplane which was a fun, exciting moment.

Maybe for the 2nd movie, an Injustice Society could be wrecking havoc with the likes of Soloman Grundy, Tigress, Shade, etc. As Superman investigates the odd crimes of the Society, the true purpose of the Society's actions is revealed: Setting the stage for the arrival of their leader Brainiac.