• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: So if I were to write the next Superman movie...

147 posts in this topic

not sure how you explain the rationale for accelerating the growth of the clone, or why he created a clone in the first place if his mandate is to help Superman/Kal when needed.

The idea is that Braniac isn't happy with how Supes is protecting the Earth. That with his power he could be doing much more. He clones Jason(the boy) and accelerates his growth to create a more effecient protector of the planet, one that will bring the hammer down like they do(did) on Krypton.

For the first time since he arrived on Earth, Braniac sees that he's needed and steps forward. He reveals the truth about himself to Superman, who, desperate, allows him to examine the child.

Interesting idea Jeff, I think this part needs to be fleshed out though. Because it will be hard for the audience to swallow the fact that Braniac sat dormant, or rather impassive during all of Clarks previous perils and this one was somehow different.

Perhaps he was programmed by Jor el to NOT interfere.. and somehow circumvents this programming when Clarks child is in grave peril.

Speaking of which.. I would would much prefer to see Brianiac becoming self aware, or as you mentioned begin to question the pionts you bring up about people and war etc.....thus somehow giving Supes a real villian, and or tangible enemy. I just can't see the main Lois and Clark's story revolving around their sons sick bed even as a vehicle to introduce Bizarro

Not that it cant be part of the story, I just would like to see it end with Brainiac and Supes going at it somehow.. not a cloned son.

Just my 2c

Some good points here. Having Braniac programmed by Jor-El not to interfere works, or to have him activated to protect the bloodline. Perhaps Supes goes to his fortress early in the film, talks to Jor-El and mentions "hey pops, I got me a superbaby". After he leaves, Braniac is activated in the fortress, and follows Supes back to Metropolis.

I agree that Clark/Lois should not spend the entire movie at Jason's bedside. Here's an easy fix...when Braniac is brought in to examine the sick child, he kidnaps him and takes him back to a secret lair that he's set up, and that's where he clones him. That way, Lois can be just as active searching for her son. Supes wants to be doing the same thing, but he has do deal with Bizarro.

As for the Bizarro lingo, I don't think it's necessary. He many not talk at all. Might make him seem more monstrous. When he appeared on Smallville, he just spoke normally. Either way works if done right, but "me am Bizarro" would be very hard to pull off. I think it would make him less scary, and I'd prefer that he be scary as hell.

...when Braniac is brought in to examine the sick child, he kidnaps him and takes him back to a secret lair that he's set up, and that's where he clones him. That way, Lois can be just as active as Supes in searching for her son.

I love the imagery of Supes going to the Fortress and somehow activating Brainiac(is Brainiac aware of humankinds past, just not activated?).. then somehow things end badly between the two ( perhaps Supes does not take right away to being told whats best for him, or does not like what Brainiac is telling him has to happen to save his son) Brainiac then of couse follows Supes to take matters into his own hands(to protect the El bloodline) because he thinks Supes is handling the situation wrong?..(i.e. as a father and human would)

He takes the child(big fight scene with Supes, since Brainiac knows all about Supes powers perhaps he knows new ways to slow/stop him?), creates his own "fortress of brain-i-tude" to save the child, the chase is on.. and of course things go badly, ending up with a big bad Bizarro?

Ze-

not sure how you explain the rationale for accelerating the growth of the clone, or why he created a clone in the first place if his mandate is to help Superman/Kal when needed.
Maybe Superman doesn't do things the way Brainiac would like or meet up with his expectations so in order to fulfill his 'prime directive' programming he needs another son of Krypton to teach--and he's found one in the clone. He just simply makes another one that he can mold the way he thinks he's supposed to.

I still think Brainiac needs to have been damaged on his way to Earth and this makes his logic questionable in the first place. You'd only need to have Supes see where B parked his ship and notice that the ship is riddled with micrometeorite holes.

I still think Brainiac needs to have been damaged on his way to Earth and this makes his logic questionable in the first place.

I like this idea, if done right, (think HAL in 2001) it could be very disturbing and dramatic.

Maybe Superman doesn't do things the way Brainiac would like or meet up with his expectations so in order to fulfill his 'prime directive' programming he needs another son of Krypton to teach--and he's found one in the clone. He just simply makes another one that he can mold the way he thinks he's supposed to.

I still think Brainiac needs to have been damaged on his way to Earth and this makes his logic questionable in the first place. You'd only need to have Supes see where B parked his ship and notice that the ship is riddled with micrometeorite holes.

the problem i have with this is that the motive you're assigning to Brainiac is at it's center a noble one; the protection of Law. which seems counter to the original idea, that he is there to assist Superman/Kal.

Brainiac as a Kryptonian police robot?

I dunno.

I like the idea of Brainiac being a villain, using lies and deceit in order to make its prime directive come true, whatever that may be. the villainy aspect may have begun as a result of damage incurred on the long road from Krypton to Earth.

having it posing as a helpful machinoid sent by Kal's pop would be a nice way to cover that, while using just enough of the truth to make it believable, since being sent to scout things out beforehand is still a good story idea. Having Brainiac create Bizarro from the blood of Kal's child in an attempt to destroy Superman makes more sense to me from an organic standpoint, and is an offshoot of the damage to Brainiac's central core.

so,

Brainiac sent by Jor-El to scout Earth, find a suitable home for Supes, meet up with the natives, etc. Damaged in transit, directive shot - perhaps changed to now destroy Kal instead of protect. Knowing it isn't powerful enough to take Supes one on one, Brainiac bides its time, making itself dormant until such time as it can act to destroy Superman.

when it discovers that Kal has a child - through observation of communications, Supes own admission in a moment of weakness or whatever - it formulates a plan and activates it, using Kal's child as the mechanism to carry out its "new" programming. it reveals itself to Kal, offers to help the child, manages to kidnap it somehow using Kryptonian technology that Kal can't stop, creates Bizarro, and then we're really off to the races