• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ARE WE doing SECRET SANTA again this year...

129 posts in this topic

Everyone signs up. Your name and the person you are to give your gift to are randomly drawn by a member of the forum. You give them or buy them a gift that costs less then 250 bucks and someone does the same for you.
Always make sure you are 100% with the facts. ;)

The $250 is not correct. I was just giving an example of what I had for books in hand.

Everyone should wait for Kenny's rules.

I wasnt asking about a cast in stone how its going to be this year.I was just asking about how it worked last year as I wasnt around.

Dennis

Everyone signs up. Your name and the person you are to give your gift to are randomly drawn by a member of the forum. You give them or buy them a gift that costs less then 250 bucks and someone does the same for you.

The $250 is not correct. I was just giving an example of what I had for books in hand.

I wasnt asking about a cast in stone how its going to be this year.I was just asking about how it worked last year as I wasnt around.

Dennis

Hey Dennis, basically it's a CGC forum gift exchange that everyone is encouraged to participate in no matter what god you may pray to(if any) or Holiday you may celebrate during the Holiday season. It's all about giving and getting a gift. Last year I think over 70 people signed up, and while simple in concept.."give somebody a comic related gift and get a gift during the Holiday season and perhaps meet somebody you have not met before." some pitfalls are present and must be addressed.(mainly making sure those overseas get their gift on time and how much the gift should be for)

Very soon there will be a thread similar to previous years "sign up" threads, with specific instructions about what info I need people to send me and what is expected of you once you sign up. There was also a terrific raffle last year too.

No more spoilers.

Ze-

Yeah! I will finally get a comic related gift for Christmas! My family simply refuses. I'm In.

Yeah my wife won't buy me any comics! :sumo:

She'd rather buy me Old Spice :shrug:

Dennis

:hi: I didn't participate last year either. I wasn't quoting you. I just wanted to clarify what CAP_FFreek stated was taken from one of my posts, and not exactly what I said.

Happy collecting!

Dennis

:hi: I didn't participate last year either. I wasn't quoting you. I just wanted to clarify what CAP_FFreek stated was taken from one of my posts, and not exactly what I said.

Happy collecting!

Thank you!

Wasnt trying to be a butthead.

Dennis