• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mid Grade Keys Up For Grabs...

65 posts in this topic

A PGX Book....on the CGC FORUM doh!

WHERES PIRATE!!!

still flogging the last poor soul

Did you come up with that all by yourself?

Pirate: Take a walk off of the plank.

Follow the rules fool (trademark Greg Loey) and you won't have to worry about others calling you out. You and Detroit Mike should go out on the road together.

Pay Pal is a joke. If you really think you getting "Buyer Protection" keep on dreaming. The seller sends you a empty box and your done. No refund sorry, you got a package. I'm sure many on these boards have been burned by a scam artist. Then have Pay Pal say sorry no refund... I'd use a escrow account or something else the buyer wanted to use. Pay Pal?? No Way!! I'm a honest seller. I grade a book with a real/honest grade. I will offer a refund on the book's as well{raw} CGC Graded book's are not refundable. If you buy a raw book from me and don't agree with the grade. Send it back in the same condition sent and you get a 100% refund, minus any shipping cost's.

Pay Pal is a joke. If you really think you getting "Buyer Protection" keep on dreaming. The seller sends you a empty box and your done. No refund sorry, you got a package. I'm sure many on these boards have been burned by a scam artist. Then have Pay Pal say sorry no refund... I'd use a escrow account or something else the buyer wants to use. Pay Pal?? No Way!!

So you dont use paypal because someone might send me an empty box? That doesnt make sense.

Pay Pal is a joke. If you really think you getting "Buyer Protection" keep on dreaming. The seller sends you a empty box and your done. No refund sorry, you got a package. I'm sure many on these boards have been burned by a scam artist. Then have Pay Pal say sorry no refund... I'd use a escrow account or something else the buyer wants to use. Pay Pal?? No Way!!

So you don't use paypal because someone might send me an empty box? That doesn't make sense.

:signfunny: Gatorade almost came outta my nose!

I guess you haven't had a dispute with Pay Pal. I bought a book for $250.00 using Pay Pal. I received one well shipped, empty box. Nothing in it. Nadda, Zip, Zero, Zilch... Pay Pal dispute went like this. Did you receive a package?? Yes I did. Pay Pal: Sorry you got a package, No Refund!!! I call that useless, not buyer protection... I would even do a local pick up if the buyer was in the same area. I have nothing to hide...

I think what is being asked is...

Understand as a buyer you don't want to use Paypal as someone could send you an empty box, but on the other side. As a seller who is going to ship the books, why would you not want to use Paypal to offer buyer protection?

I would take payment from Pay Pal at one time. But seeing how they handled my dispute. I got rid of them totally. Why use something when you see how bad it is? I too thought I had "Buyer Protection" Ya right! I'm sure other's have had good results using Pay Pal. I had been one of those people. But I'm also sure there are a lot of people that got royally screwed as well. Dealers/collectors may loose sales because they don't take Pay Pal. There fee's are pretty high to. Especially if the sale involves thousands of dollars. If your using Pay Pal for buyer protection, think again.

Huh. The few disputes I've had with sellers where PayPal was used, PayPal refunded the money. Once I got nada the other time a different condition than what was advertised. They fixed it both times no questions asked. I didn't even have to talk to people just did it all online. Entered the dispute and it was resolved painlessly.

I agree, I have had a similar experience with paypal dispute. The seller sent me the wrong item, told me tough cookies and to pee up a rope. I opened a dispute and Paypal refunded my money. All they asked was that I could prove I sent a package back to the seller. I had a delivery confirmation and they refunded my money 100%.

You should have returned the empty box to your seller...

I have other friends that also agree that Paypal looks out for buyers way more than for sellers.

Wish you would change your mind as I am interested in that ASM #50, but with your story - you make me nervous.

Just my two cents re: PayPal, but I've found it to be very useful - especially in transacting with fellow boardies. Also, re: fees, you'd be hard pressed to find an easier to use system, with the payment flexibility it offers buyers, PLUS lower fees. I suppose you could take Google checkout, but you'd limit your acceptable payment options and it's not really free nor built for P2P transactions. :foryou:

My Ebay ID is faithlei should you want to look at my feedback there.

you havent sold anything in almost 3 years and even those were private auctions. how does that help us (shrug)

lol lets just probation thread him and be proactive before someone gets stiffed.

I would take payment from Pay Pal at one time. But seeing how they handled my dispute. I got rid of them totally. Why use something when you see how bad it is? I too thought I had "Buyer Protection" Ya right! I'm sure other's have had good results using Pay Pal. I had been one of those people. But I'm also sure there are a lot of people that got royally screwed as well. Dealers/collectors may loose sales because they don't take Pay Pal. There fee's are pretty high to. Especially if the sale involves thousands of dollars. If your using Pay Pal for buyer protection, think again.

Is English your native language?

My Ebay ID is faithlei should you want to look at my feedback there.

you havent sold anything in almost 3 years and even those were private auctions. how does that help us (shrug)

lol lets just probation thread him and be proactive before someone gets stiffed.

Ok. I'm not vouching for the guys by any means. I just think people need to step back for a second on this one. He posted without prices. After much prodding, including a PM from me, he posted prices. He noted that he doesn't accept Paypal. Sure it's easier for people and lots of folks feel more comfortable with the buyer's protection through Paypal, but it's not required. With the type of books being discussed, I would urge caution with any type of online transaction for the potential money involved. According to PMs, he and I are within 45 minutes of each other. The only thing that means is that if I buy some high dollar book, I'll probably go get it in person.

Everybody's said their peace. Relax and let the guy hear crickets chirp if no one's interested.

So you dont use paypal because someone might send me an empty box? That doesnt make sense.

So I could bring down the mighty Paypal Empire with my pile of empty boxes.

hm:devil:

Pirate.I don't care what you do.. Probation yourself. Your the one calling people names. People you don't know. Go get stiff yourself. Your implying I would try and scam/stiff someone. You don't know Jack about me. Go hang that honor on Hammer, not me....

Don't like my prices or methods of payment?? Oh well... I wont loose any sleep over it.... Anything I sold on Ebay was open feedback . Certain buyers didn't want others to know what was bought. A lot of buyers/sellers use Pay Pal. A lot don't.... I got burned by them. So never again!! Simple as that.