• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mid Grade Keys Up For Grabs...

65 posts in this topic

Ya I'm a shill.... I buy 98% of the time. So sure. I want the price to go up just so I can pay more!!! Makes perfect sense to me. My computer was stolen and was eventually recovered. In that time the person that had the computer made a game out of my Ebay account... But It is what it is. I can't change the past. I cant do anything about Ebays new rules can I?? The one I forgot about. I BID on a item. A computer hiccup/error caused it to submit a BIN. I sent the seller a e-mail stating such immediately. I even told him I would pay for the cost of the auction. I felt bad that this incident had happened. Even though it was not my fault. I have sold raw and slabbed books. Both private and publicly. I understand the need to be cautious. But some people on here would have you think I was trying to sell The White House or The Golden Gate Bridge... How they get deals done is beyond me. I hope no one ever sees how Pay Pal can screw you over. But if you happen to have it happen. You will not be impressed. Not by a long shot... If you think Pay Pal is automatic "Buyer Protection". Look again... Many sellers have been burned. As well as buyers. Right now I have a Ebay dispute over $13. I sent the USPS MO. Proved I did. Yet they are telling me to pay again. Pay Pal is owned by Ebay. Gee I wonder why that would be?? They can do whatever they want to do. Pay Pal says go dispute with Ebay. Ebay says go dispute with Pay Pal. BTW my dispute is over method of payment. The auction says No Money Orders. Then under accepted methods of payment guess what is approved. You got it.. Money Orders!!!

Ya I'm a shill.... I buy 98% of the time. So sure. I want the price to go up just so I can pay more!!! Makes perfect sense to me. My computer was stolen and was eventually recovered. In that time the person that had the computer made a game out of my Ebay account... But It is what it is. I can't change the past. I cant do anything about Ebays new rules can I?? The one I forgot about. I BID on a item. A computer hiccup/error caused it to submit a BIN. I sent the seller a e-mail stating such immediately. I even told him I would pay for the cost of the auction. I felt bad that this incident had happened. Even though it was not my fault. I have sold raw and slabbed books. Both private and publicly. I understand the need to be cautious. But some people on here would have you think I was trying to sell The White House or The Golden Gate Bridge... How they get deals done is beyond me. I hope no one ever sees how Pay Pal can screw you over. But if you happen to have it happen. You will not be impressed. Not by a long shot... If you think Pay Pal is automatic "Buyer Protection". Look again... Many sellers have been burned. As well as buyers. Right now I have a Ebay dispute over $13. I sent the USPS MO. Proved I did. Yet they are telling me to pay again. Pay Pal is owned by Ebay. Gee I wonder why that would be?? They can do whatever they want to do. Pay Pal says go dispute with Ebay. Ebay says go dispute with Pay Pal. BTW my dispute is over method of payment. The auction says No Money Orders. Then under accepted methods of payment guess what is approved. You got it.. Money Orders!!!

:screwy:

Hey TFL, just a little FYI: DO NOT USE BIDPAY! They basically cut a Western Union MO and send it to the seller. I did this to buy an item on eBay early on in my time on the 'bay, and got hosed. Because Bidpay generates a money order, the only info they will have of the seller is his/her mailing address. I filed a complaint stating I never received the item, but they could not retract the MO and I was stiffed.

Bottomline- if you think Paypal is unsafe, Bidpay is the equivolant of burning your money.

A few things, first off, how do you define noob? Me myself would class anyone who has only been a member since 2007 maybe even 2006 a noob! Anyway I can see the problems paypal has, I always accept it, but I do hate their policies, they are great for buyers, but very bad for sellers. Any person who buys anything via paypal can claim their money back almost hassle free unless you have a signed for document with the code which they can look up and see if it has been signed for. Otherwise you are screwed as a seller without this, you just have to trust peoples honesty which I would say for most of the guys on here is very good! But I do agree what you say about paypal, problem is, that it has become the number one thing to use as online payments. I also think even the signed for protection sellers think they have is flawed as someone out to rip you off could sign with a false name and hence once again the seller is the one to lose out!

My wife has been reading this thread. If it is the only way someone can pay for a book they can send Pay Pal Payment to her account. She has a way of persuading me.. Against my better judgment. So if someone is serious about getting one of these books. Pay Pal can now be used. The ASM 50 CGC 6.5 is up on Ebay right now. So that book will be sold there. I want to follow the sites rules and policies. The other books are still available. When they sell or are taken off the market, I will let it be known what books are still available. Thanks..