• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Someone Knock Some Sense...

83 posts in this topic

Why not try this to help stop the insanity. Everytime you buy a modern variant comic, you have to give away (to one of the board members, of course) a 9.6 or higher raw or slabbed BA book.

Also, I think this idea should work retroactively. So you owe us a little over 150 books. :grin:

Just think, it could be worse:

You could have not shown up for dinner on Sunday night!

It could be worse. You could be one of the guys who buys graded Valiants from me!!!!

:jokealert: (I love them all like brothers.)

I'm on day 8 Nik, it's easier than day 3 was, that's for sure!!!! Hang in there.

Good luck on quitting to both of you. And dont do it for her Nik, do it for yourself.

Regarding you recent Variant purchases, WTF are you doing bro? :screwy: You have more boxes of crahp downstairs then 1 person needs. You mentioned recently wanting to downsize to possibly make things easily liquid if the need arises yet here you are buying sketch variant covers? Dude.. step back , think about what you are buying and take your own advice. JUST STOP IT, it's simple..you see a Variant Cover, take a good look at it, then dont buy it. Simple

What are you some kind of weak willed comic collector who falls for every sales gimmick that DC and Marvel comes up with?

And here I thought I knew you... gheese. I am debating about telling Ellen about this, I hope she does not lose all respect for you.

There , how was that? I can tell you what I really think if you wanna hear it.

:banana:

Ze-

btw, I have a box of 90's stuff with some assorted Variants since I bought every one of them when they came out... I will jack up the price and sell them to you if you still want to pursue this collecting folly.

if you want to flush your hard-earned money down the toilet on pretty things, buy your wife some jewelry. at least then you might get some action for your trouble, rather than a longbox stuffed full of 1:25 variants that no one wants, including you

She is all set with Jewelry, her only wish for her birthday(tomorrow) is for me to quit smoking. Trying to quit again and today is day 3 :wishluck:

BTW Marc, been married for over 15 years as far as the action goes ;)

well, yes, but this would be additional action. adding to whatever you are getting these days, a sum total i pray you will not mention...

i'd also remind you that the best gifts are oftentimes the unexpected ones. if you give her just what she "wants," you'll have to work harder to get her to be pleasantly surprised by your thoughtfulness and generosity. jewelry was just a guess. maybe a new washer/dryer combo, perhaps?

(shrug)

if you want to flush your hard-earned money down the toilet on pretty things, buy your wife some jewelry. at least then you might get some action for your trouble, rather than a longbox stuffed full of 1:25 variants that no one wants, including you

She is all set with Jewelry, her only wish for her birthday(tomorrow) is for me to quit smoking. Trying to quit again and today is day 3 :wishluck:

BTW Marc, been married for over 15 years as far as the action goes ;)

well, yes, but this would be additional action. adding to whatever you are getting these days, a sum total i pray you will not mention...

i'd also remind you that the best gifts are oftentimes the unexpected ones. if you give her just what she "wants," you'll have to work harder to get her to be pleasantly surprised by your thoughtfulness and generosity. jewelry was just a guess. maybe a new washer/dryer combo, perhaps?

(shrug)

You must be very popular with the ladies.

If I am lucky ;)

If it means anything I am married 22 years.

Week 1! :acclaim:

Good for you (thumbs u

BTW what are you doing on the computer posting?

Good point, why are you at the computer? Stop banging on the keyboard and bang something else. :makepoint:

(tsk) You're going WAY off topic. Let's save John's Boning Habits for his next sales thread. We're here to remind Nik WHAT A MALAKA HE IS FOR COLLECTING VARIANTS.

:grin:

The Trooper thinks that anyone without focus is a weak willed panty waist.

There, that good enough of an insult?

Not even close. You need something like this: ONLY A TURK WOULD COLLECT MODERN VARIANTS! There, that should do it (thumbs u