• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Share your Pre-Hero KIRBY Monster Orig. Art!

27 posts in this topic

Rhino's chapter splash is by far the best Fin Fang Foom piece I've seen. I used to own the Romita Sr. double page pin up. I picked up the Bring Back The Bad Guys TPB cover since he was on it. I'd love to own the panel page Conrad has but at 12K and not much Fin Fang Foom on the page, I don't think I could do it.

My favorite Pre-Hero monsters are, in order:

1. Fin Fang Foom

2. The Hulk (Xemnu)

3. Grogg

4. Gargantus

5. Monstro (although the art on the cover is far better than the interior art)

6. The Glob

And now.... the art:

I've shown this before but your wish is my command. (worship)

The things about this piece that blow me away every time I look at it are (A) the HUGE size of the image, and (B) the painstaking detail work on FFF and the wall. It really is an amazing piece, and I have to thank Conrad from the bottom of my heart for letting this go and thereby giving me the opportunity to own a true, true grail.

FFFSplash_3.jpg

I Love the Kirby Sporr art from TOS #11. The cover probably does not exist, but I hope to get the splash page one day, it is probably even nicer then the cover. Send shivers up my spine, gets me almost as excited as... well you know ... but not quite. Hope my wife does not read this.

Well, I just let the cat out of the bag and posted my latest Pre-Hero acquisition on CAF -- a prototype splash. Here is the link. Enjoy!!

http://cafurl.com?i=6507

Hart, this is a great idea for a thread. And I have to say the story about the Monster X in TTA 20 is one of my faves. It features a comic book artist who draws giant monster stories and the monsters come to life. There are a number of great-looking giant monsters in the story, and I'd love to get my hands on some of the OA.

Also, I have to plug the "Monster Blog" Web site in my signature. It's a phenomenal pre-hero resource!

--Steve

Steve! WOWIE! That splash is $%^$%$&!!!!! Holy Crum!!!

As for your Blog...I visit it almost every week...that's what turned me onto some of the other monsters that I wasn't familiar with! Keep up the great work!

I only wish I could get a nice Pre-Hero OA! :(

Thanks Hart, it's not my blog, I just pimp it a lot lol

I've found it invaluable for info and I'm hoping to contribute to it as there hasn't been much activity on it lately.

I like the list of monsters you shared, thanks for that! :applause:

--Steve