• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Share your Pre-Hero KIRBY Monster Orig. Art!

27 posts in this topic

Well folks...I wished for a Pre-Hero page a couple post ago...and what falls into my lap...this:

jim72page.jpg

Pre-Hero Monster: The Glob!

Issue: Journey Into Mystery #72

Page: Unknown

Sorry for the pic...the piece is being shipped to me on Monday. Once I get it I'll share with you a better scan! :)

If someone knows what page this is...please post it.

Thanks,

Hart

Hey Hart, the top says p15 (probably page 15 of the book) and the bottom right corner says page 12 (of the story). There would have been a discrepancy like that because of the ad pages. I'd say 3 ad pages in the first 15 pages is probably accurate. Maybe somebody with a reader copy of the book can look that up to be sure. I don't have a reader of this.

Paging Angelo!

--Steve

Well folks...I wished for a Pre-Hero page a couple post ago...and what falls into my lap...this:

Pre-Hero Monster: The Glob!

Issue: Journey Into Mystery #72

Page: Unknown

Sorry for the pic...the piece is being shipped to me on Monday. Once I get it I'll share with you a better scan! :)

If someone knows what page this is...please post it.

Thanks,

Hart

Oh, and GREAT PAGE!!!!

That time period was a great one for Kirby. Think about it. Marvel hadn't started the hero books. So Kirby wasn't doing 15 books, covers, etc. The quality of the lines, the action, the pacing (you almost get breathless reading the page!) all show it. And Ayers did some KILLER inks on these stories. You can tell they had time to do the work and kicked out some beautiful art. This is a great example. Action, great facial expressions, differing perspectives from panel to panel.

Just great stuff! :applause: (thumbs u

--Steve

lol!!! I read that top part as "PIE" instead of "P15"...what a dufus I am!!!

Thanks for the page clarification Steve!!! Believe of not...may favorite part about my page is the Glob ripping out the stairs...you can see Kirby spent some time drawing those stairs! Oh and Ayers helped a bit as well! ;) heh!

Pre-Hero pages RULE!!! :)