• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Little Lulu

14 posts in this topic

I remember liking Lulu many years ago, and would like to get some sort of beginner's anthology to revisit. I even have all the old Melvin Monsters!

What does anyone recommend, as a volume of Lulu which has a good sampling of stories?

Dark horse Put out and they still do I beleive Trades in paperback reprinting all the Lulu comics. Look on Ebay Or post in the want to buy section someone might have them. It seems like now that I think of it that there were some for sale.

Thanks for the Little Lulu Volumes link. Anyone have a specific volume that's got good stories?

I'm currently reading volume 10 and I think it has quite a few good stories.

Stories of special note include the reprinting of the first Witch Hazel story, "That Awful Witch Hazel" and Tubby's "Election Day."

Thanks for the Little Lulu Volumes link. Anyone have a specific volume that's got good stories?

I'm currently reading volume 10 and I think it has quite a few good stories.

Stories of special note include the reprinting of the first Witch Hazel story in "That Awful Witch Hazel" and Tubby's "Election Day."

:cloud9:

46791-LittleLulu45Story4Pages.jpg.2b42c57eb42e0b81579137db8d9342b3.jpg

I'd recommend, in addition to the Dark Horse reprints, the earlier annuals Dell put out in the 50s. These contain the stories from the Four Color issues and early issue of the Little Lulu series, which are my favorite. True, you can get these in the Dark Horse reprints, but those are in black and white and they are tracing of the artwork, not reprints of the originals (the artwork for those older stories has long been lost from Westerns files). In many cases the tracing are really pretty crude. The Annuals are real reprints, plus they are in color and the old comics smell like old comics.

Little Lulu and Tubby Annual 1 & 2

Little Lulu on Vacation

Little Lulu Storytelling Time

You can usually find these for under $10 in beat but complete shape. Well worth the money and much cheaper then the originals the stories come from.

Kingofwhales:

Very cool, thanks.

That may be the only way to go if I want color. Looks like Another Rainbow did a series of hardcover reprints in the 80s, but these were also in bw as the current Dark Horse material is.

Any other ideas?