• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In with the babies, out with the comics...

6 posts in this topic

My girlfriend's got a bun in the oven, and it's almost done! Due 2nd Feb 2008 :cloud9:

You know what this means of course. Yep, those 5 longboxes have to go, and I need to pay off my debts. I decided to keep 1 or maybe 2 titles that I love and sell the rest, so I'm keeping:

Sandman

Hellblazer

Shade

Conan (Savage Sword and 'the Barbarian')

Vampirella (Warren)

SA Spidey (not the copper)

2000AD

...and my Hellblazer OA :grin:

Everything else is to be sold. That's about 1000 raw - 90% copper, 10% silver (electrum?) - and a handful of slabs.

I'm just getting the hang of this ebay selling lark so bear with me! Lots of... er... 'lots' to be listed in the near future.

To kick off, if anybody's interested, how about a CGC 9.2 X-Men 26 for 1p?

Slightly creamy pages :( but it is an old label hm

I've learned a lot about ebay in the last day! Am now listing everything with nice big scans and strict grades in the hope that buyers will enjoy the difference :)

Just listed a bunch of high grade copper X-Men, and more interestingly (to me!) a low grade silver: Superman's first race against the Flash! It's a great read in any condition

supe199.jpg

You've got it backwards, you need to list stuff with small fuzzy scans and a statement that you don't know anything about comics! doh!

Who have you been learning from? (tsk)

That definitely sounds familiar! lol

The other thing that really frustrates me is when people go to the trouble of providing a good size scan, but then trim the edges! Or they place the comic hard up against the edge of the scanner, which achieves the same effect.

For this reason I'm scanning against a coloured background and leaving some space around the edges. Haven't listed much yet but will add lots more soon.

Here is a listing for an extremely clean and nice looking early bronze age ff/surfer cover:

EDIT: Shame it's a pence copy! doh!

ff121.jpg

My girlfriend's got a bun in the oven, and it's almost done! Due 2nd Feb 2008 :cloud9:

You know what this means of course. Yep, those 5 longboxes have to go, and I need to pay off my debts. I decided to keep 1 or maybe 2 titles that I love and sell the rest, so I'm keeping:

Sandman

Hellblazer

Shade

Conan (Savage Sword and 'the Barbarian')

Vampirella (Warren)

SA Spidey (not the copper)

2000AD

...and my Hellblazer OA :grin:

Everything else is to be sold. That's about 1000 raw - 90% copper, 10% silver (electrum?) - and a handful of slabs.

I'm just getting the hang of this ebay selling lark so bear with me! Lots of... er... 'lots' to be listed in the near future.

To kick off, if anybody's interested, how about a CGC 9.2 X-Men 26 for 1p?

Slightly creamy pages :( but it is an old label hm

Well if you change your mind about the Hellblazer OA, feel free to PM me. Gluck with your auctions and the bun in the oven (thumbs u

Thanks jbud :-) The Hellblazer OA stays put, even though I doubt my other half will ever let me put it on prominent display. Tends not to be very 'child friendly' that title! :eek:

I'm going to spend the rest of this evening listing Silver age X-Men comics at 1p with no reserve.

First up is a slightly ragged X-Men 3 :

xmen3.jpg

I'm continuing to buck the ebay trend by supplying larger than life front and rear cover scans for these. I'm going to be listing half a bunch more silver x-men this evening so please do check my ebay if you like that sort of thing!