• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's so SPECIAL about SPECIAL #1? the 1st HANGMAN, GERBER 7, MLJ Lower Price !

11 posts in this topic

This is actually a very hard book to find, a Gerber 7, from 1942, but I find myself with 2...I had one with restoration, and purchased this one (sight unseen) only to find that the "tape stain" was in the middle.

The book itself is solid. I'm not sure if the tape in the middle was necessary, or just to cover a potential problem, there might be a split under it.

The spine has 2 small splits, 1/4 inch or so at each end. I'm not sure if there were splits under the tape on the spine, I can't tell...but I have bought a ton of books from this collector and there was lots of tape used on places that didn't really need it ( I think that they just had a fetish). There is a tiny piece off the back side of the spine.

Pages are REALLY nice(see the centerfold picture)...I'm going to call it a 2.0 for the sake of giving it a grade. It's a Gerber 7, asking price is $300.00 LOWERED to $240.00, good guide is $300.00

First :takeit: gets it, but I will accept PM'd offers.

Shipping is free, priority mail, insurance is included. I accept Paypal, Money Orders, or Personal Checks, and I do accept returns for any reason, I just ask that you notify me within 3 days of receipt and let me know before returning anything (and that would have to be within 7 days of receipt).

Any questions, more pictures needed, etc, just PM me, I'll be back and forth this afternoon, so if you don't get an instant response, please don't worry.

special0001.jpg

specialb0001.jpg

specialcenter.jpg

(worship)

How intact is the paper at the spine? Any splits?

Except for the tape stains, it's really nice, the paper on the spine, looks like the paper in the centerfold. There is maybe 1/16th chip at the bottom, but it's not brittle at all...my guess is, ...well, I don't mention critters...cause then I can't touch the book .