• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

619 Discussion - ***Spoilers***

48 posts in this topic

Finished reading the last 5 issues of "Hush" & I thought it blew chunks. The art was incredible, but I mainly buy new comics for the story. It was brutal. Convoluted with way too many things going on. Definitely will not be buying the next Lee/Loeb run.

Finished reading the last 5 issues of "Hush" & I thought it blew chunks. The art was incredible, but I mainly buy new comics for the story. It was brutal. Convoluted with way too many things going on. Definitely will not be buying the next Lee/Loeb run.

I buy mostly for the art any more. Too many chunks blown, I suppose...

Batch - - Im really surprised! Maybe you heard too much hype and expected too much. Compared to all other current comics series it really stands out in the top few percent for artwork, coloring, and story. Read it again now that you know it sucks...maybe it will surprise you in a positive way since you expect so little, as we all did when it first came out.

Sad that I recommend DC, but try Superman/Batman or the new Teen Titans series. Red Son was a great series and I'm looking at Superman: Birthright, Trinity and Empire.

I keep ordering these books as nmonthly subs and I'll lose my Marvel zombie status! 893whatthe.gif

Sad that I recommend DC, but try Superman/Batman or the new Teen Titans series. Red Son was a great series and I'm looking at Superman: Birthright, Trinity and Empire.

I keep ordering these books as nmonthly subs and I'll lose my Marvel zombie status! 893whatthe.gif

Darth, I am so proud of you! Way to order a healthy dose of DCs! 893applaud-thumb.gif

DAM

WTF? ALl my hyping of RRPs and FT wayne incentives not good enough for you? OK here's your modern market "report"...

BUY DC: Batman/Superman finish this arc out with Loeb and McGuniss. Pick up all the variants. and the sig series for good measure tongue.gif Then prescreen many copies of Michael Turner's first work on Superman later in this series (issue 7?) Count on a sketch copy coming out oh and if I didn't tell you...sketch copies/reprints...pick em up...

Risso/Azzy Bats frown.gif I'll pass (maybe a reader copy) ...wait until Lee and Loeb return wink.gif

Teen Titans - great story...and art...now that DC has Michael Turner, they will not hesitate to pimp his art on their hotter titles...pick those up...

Honorable mention: Empire, Veritgo's Fables nad Y the LAst man still strong back issue sellers.

Oh and if you don't know by now...BATMAN 608 RRP - you make the call. I personally would like to own one wink.gif Question is what will I pay for it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Marvel: ULtimate all the way - still going strong after 3+ years! Marvel's Tsunami titles - Runaways, Mystique and Venom, maybe Sentinel but not lately; rest you can pass on ...

Thor Vikings, 1602, JLA/Avengers - keep buying...Ennis, Gaiman, Perez - still got it

Valiants - resurgence in popularity, especially for the limited ones that were too pricy back in the day. It's a "second chance" for those who held onto their stock to unload them on the masses now and for the collectors who enjoyed the stories but could not afford or had better sense than spending mad money on a Valiant book back in the day tongue.gif

I'll save my market research for the OCPR Review..if I haven't given my editor one in months, how could I ever put one out here first frown.gif