• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some recent acquisitions

3 posts in this topic

Hello all. I've gotten a few pieces lately that I haven't gotten around to posting here yet. I've also received a major grail piece that I will be posting soon. Enjoy.

Enforcer :banana:

First up is a commission from inker Drew Geraci. I had him lightbox the unpublished cover to US Agent #3 pencilled by MC Wyman. He had to fix a small erasure next to the Agent's head. I think he did a nice job. He put in a nice splatter effect on the wall. You can see the pencil only version as well.

US_Agent_3_Cover_Unpublished_Lightbox.jpg

Here is the original untouched pencil version. Personally, I like it a little better than the published version although they are fairly similar. The Agent looks a little more defeated and broken from his interrogation in this version.

US_Agent_3_Cover_Unpublished.jpg

This is a nice full page splash of New Asgard from the new Thor monthly. This is the first look at Asgard after Thor used his power to levitate it off of the ground in response to the local yokels in Oklahoma who told him he couldn't just plop his kingdom down without owning the land and having the proper permits. His response to them was, "It is no longer on the ground." Classic. I highly recommend that you check out the new Thor series if you haven't already done so. It has been done well so far in my humble opinion, but I am a Thor fan for what that is worth. ;)

Thor_v3_02_p16.jpg

Here is my favorite of the bunch. This sweet cover was done by MC Wyman. I commissioned him to draw a reinterpretation of the cover to Thor #73 that reflected the awesome battle being waged in the pages of the comic book and this is what he came up with. I own the original cover to Thor #73 done by Scot Eaton which you can also see on my website or in my CAF gallery. It is a tremendous iconic image of Thor, but a lot of fans (including myself) wondered why the cover didn't reflect the titanic battle between Thor and several other top tier Marvel characters that was going on inside the book. I absolutely love what MC did with it. It shows Thor slugging it out with the Hulk who is the last man standing. The Thing is done for and you can also see Captain America's destroyed shield. And of course, everyone's favorite Canadian scrapper, Wolverine's charred adamatium skeleton is clearly visible as well.

Thor_73_cover_reinterpretation_wyman.jpg