• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay score! Savage Sword of Conan

9 posts in this topic

I'm quite fond of taking chances on ebay. You know, the low feedback, fuzzy/no pic, vague descriptions etc.

3 weeks ago I won This auction for a copy of SS 1 from a zero feedback seller. I figured even if it's a reader copy, £8.50 is still worthwhile.

I'd all but written it off, but this morning it actually arrived...

ssconan1.jpg

Don't you just love it when that happens? :grin:

It has exactly two flaws. Very light blunting of the bottom left corner, and an almost imperceptible sticker damage to the top left corner of the 'U' of 'AUG' in the date. I'm thinking it's about a 9.0? hm It's an upgrade to my VF copy at any rate.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that!

Yep, I've had it both ways. There was an ASM300 listed in a batch of 5 random spiderman comics (the others were worthless Web of and Spectacular) which I won for about £17. Turned up and it's an easy 9.6 :cloud9: Had a similar experience with an ASM238 recently too.

Then there were the three silver age x-men issues I bought in 'NM' condition which turned up in F/VF :mad:

I think it balances out.

nice score...u.k. only shipping didn't help his auction results.

but anyway, isn't 8.5 pounds like $400 nowadays?

I'm so thrilled we'll be visiting Ireland and the U.K. next summer. I should probably start selling my organs now to pay for the trip.

I like this part of the auction description:

"This comic is in good condition. The comic is contained in a plastic / papers sleave to prevent damage."

No kidding? I've received supposedly near mint comics in mylars from professional dealers in worse shape :grin:

I love it when a non-collector describes a comic as being in 'good condition', because it kills the bidding from serious collectors. Also, bad English and typos help reduce buyer confidence, making the auction ripe for the kind of bargain chances I like to take a swing at sometimes :gossip: