• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

which comic would you chose?

41 posts in this topic

ASM 129 is a great book(read my Marvel Tales 106 many times grin.gif). I'm a big fan of the Jackal as well.

I like 121 and 122.....because Gwen Stacy has always had a special place in heart.

RIP Gwendy

Way Gwen Stacy has always had a special place in your heart?

893whatthe.gif

Looks like we are all big punisher fans! I used to really love that title. I read the first relaunch the 12 part story by Ennis??? and just didn't like it. Oh well. I'm content to sit on my full run of the LS and the regular series smile.gif

DAM

Anyone think ASM 129 has a better cover than this book? confused-smiley-013.gif

asm136favouritecovers.jpg

Yes....but if I had to have any of the three books in the poll, it would have to be #122.

Coverwise #122 is superior to either of the other two.

It's the ending of a classic story. To be fair, both #121 and #122 have to read to truly apreciate.

The first appearance of Punisher isn't a very good story in my opinion. Typical vigilante story with nothing special added. He became a much more appealing character after his backstory/origin was elaborated upon in Marvel Preview.

But I don't solely see dollar signs when I evaluate books to own either......

Jim

It was...but as far as this thread goes I will go with ASM #129 for the best cover of the three mentioned. Although #121 did have a huge impact at the time.

Personaly for importance, at least as far as Spidey's history goes, you can't look past #121, but #129 will probably have the longest legs as far as monetary value goes, purely because of the additional Punisher fan base.

Unfortunately, not many collectors still remember Gwen Stacy... frown.gif

Yeah...

I just started buying comics as a 6 year old with those 15cent covers.

Mostly spooky horror stuff and swords and sorcery.

Wierd War Tales and such...

I think the first ASM I bought off the rack was the first 20cent 103 (With her on the cover in a bikini! laugh.gif).

When she was killed I kinda felt bad... frown.gif