• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Open plea to all CGC Forumites - OT Threads
2 2

378 posts in this topic

What, you have something against the African American male naked body? Its called ART. Or, perhaps with you, only "white is right". Ok, I can take a hint, I'm outta this god-foresaken hillbilly forum!!!!!!

the race card :cloud9:

Chuck Norris won the World Series of Poker with the race card, a Draw Two from Uno, a pair of Jokers, and a cracker.

Roy,

I am not British. I am from Tennessee. Nothing personal, but my only point is that some slightly OT threads do have a place in Comics General.

I am glad you are feeling better and wish you a full and speedy recovery.

Jim

:)

Roy,

I am not British. I am from Tennessee. Nothing personal, but my only point is that some slightly OT threads do have a place in Comics General.

I am glad you are feeling better and wish you a full and speedy recovery.

Jim

:)

I agree with you. Some slightly OT threads may fit...but if there is no restraint they should all go.

R.

Ok, I know this is a message board and everything, and peoples words can be taken the wrong way. But I'm starting to feel a bit of a hostile attitude from you thus creating a hostile posting enviroment. That isn't true is it?

Hey!

You found your way here out of the Water Cooler all by yourself?

:golfclap:

Welcome. :foryou:

Go for it :)

Its funny you bring that up as MK PMed a while back and mentioned reading it and even called me a potty mouth :o

Now I wonder who told Danny about that thread and dug it up for him to read? hm

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=475556&Searchpage=4&Main=26105&Words=nik&topic=0&Search=true#Post475556

I get too much a kick out of these kind of threads to ever kick you folks off :baiting::devil::kidaround:

Besides, I like you all too much to see you go :acclaim:

BTW......I personally do not mind OT threads if they are few and far between in CG ONLY. I like talking music and movies with fellow COMIC collectors because I care what they think. I do not care what sports or coin fans think. I love the charity threads and Secrect Santa/Chanukh Harrry/Athiest Andy/Budda Barry/etc. threads. And I really love the OT threads when one of is in trouble where we help out or where one of us needs advice as long as they do not turn into trash someone or something threads.

We get to know each other and become more of a community. The fact that I know so much about many of you, is the reason some of us have become friends and the reason I love this community so very much.

That said, the mods seem to leave it alone as long as you keep it to a minimum and use OT to begin you thread. If the title states OT, anyone who wants can just simply avoid it.

At the end of the day, we have always been a bit flexible on these boards, and I think the mods do a great job that they work very hard at! (worship)They also do not get the credit they deserve (tsk) The rules are the rules, but even I have broken them once in a blue moon.

That's my 2c (worthless lol )

And, hey, let's be careful out there!

YES! YES! YES!

I totally agree! I enjoy OT posts! If something big happened in the the world, I want to talk about it with fellow CGC forum members. If someone makes a post about Ohio State, well I don't really care, I just don't look at it(and anyways BC will kick their butt, BID)

Comic general is where almost everyone hangs out! I love the silver age, but I rarely have time to ever go into that part of the boards. So, when we were ranking the top books of different ages, should those posts have gone under, silver, bronze, art etc. or were they better served by having them listed in the General? I think most of us would agree General is where they should have been.

Heck, I think it was almost 2 years before I ever really knew that there was a place called the Water Cooler and it probably took me a few weeks to even find the place. General feels like I'm 16 again hanging out at the park (or the mall) with my buds and shootin the *spoon* with each other!

But that's just me! :shrug:

though I am pretty tired of all the freakin' birthday announcements - would love to see that separated out into the "Announcements" sub-forum). :frustrated:

:applause:

Have to agree on this one.

Enough with the fargin' birthday threads. doh!

I wouldn't mind a separate thread for B-Day's. I quit posting b-day wishes as there were so many, I was afraid I'd miss one and then come off like a tool b/c I posted wishes to one person and not another. So, I don't post any anymore (unless it's a creator bday).

though I am pretty tired of all the freakin' birthday announcements - would love to see that separated out into the "Announcements" sub-forum). :frustrated:

I wouldn't mind a separate thread for B-Day's. I quit posting b-day wishes as there were so many, I was afraid I'd miss one and then come off like a tool b/c I posted wishes to one person and not another. So, I don't post any anymore (unless it's a creator bday).

slacker

slacker

If someone hasn't posted in forty forevers, then I don't leave birthday wishes. Likewise if I don't know you from Adam or if your main stomping grounds are in the WC.