• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help with price info

4 posts in this topic

I know someone with a Jack Kirby original art page...

Am thinking its a JIM or one of those types. What is a page like that worth?

Thanks!

This is gonna sound glib but anywhere from $1000 to $50,000. I know that's a wide range but there are multiple factors that go into value and desirability.

It will depend on the inker (great one like Sinnott or popular like Ayers...or less popular like Reinmann or Vinny C.), the issue (is it a key book?, a super hero book?, a pre-hero?), the characters (are they on the page?, are they in costume?, are they in action?, are they in action against a villain?, is it a key villain?), the page composition (whether its a splash, half splash, non-splash), if it's an "important page" historically (1st appearance issue, 1st appearance page, key storyline). Finally, the condition of the page is a factor as well.

The fact that you said "JIM" made me start at $1,000. If it's not JIM or some other possible super hero title or its a western it could be as little as $400.

So if you get some more info we can narrow it down for you. The more info the more accurate the range.

C