• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Mighty Marvel X-Men Milestone

94 posts in this topic

Doctor, That run is not only amazing but insane. Im curious as to what your thoughts are on what people have to say about CGC books possibly having to be reslabbed every several years or so. Or is this just propaganda that CGC would like us to believe. Sorry my paranoia kicked in looking at your run

Doctor, That run is not only amazing but insane. Im curious as to what your thoughts are on what people have to say about CGC books possibly having to be reslabbed every several years or so. Or is this just propaganda that CGC would like us to believe. Sorry my paranoia kicked in looking at your run

Thank you very much for the compliment.

If I still own these books seven years from now, then I will worry about it then. However, if books can survive in an outdoor shed or hot stuffy attic for years, then I am sure they will be fine in a CGC holder. So, I am not that concerned. I do think that propaganda is a strong word.

Welcome to the boards. I have seen some of your posts on the boards. You seem to have quite a bit of knowledge for a new member. Nevertheless, nice to meet you.

I have now completed my Bronze Age X-men run from 94 to 143. All the issues are 9.8 with the exception of 94 being a 9.6. It has taken me about two years to put it together. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that helped complete the set. These are by far my favorite issues of the whole run.

Thank you Steve :) (worldsbestcomics ) for hooking me up with the X-men 132. (The last one I needed.)

No, I didn't forget you, greggy, your X-men 101 made this run possible as well. BTW.. I am still sore from that deal. :blush:

th_xmen9496w.jpgth_xmen9598oww.jpgth_xmen9698w.jpgth_xmen9798w.jpgth_xmen98ow.jpg

th_xmen9998w.jpgth_xmen10098oww.jpgth_xmen10198oww.jpgth_xmen98oww.jpgth_xmen10398oww.jpg

th_xmen10498w.jpgth_xmen10598w.jpgth_xmen10698w.jpgth_xmen10798w.jpgth_xmen10898w.jpg

th_xmen10998oww.jpgth_xmen11098w.jpgth_xmen11198w.jpgth_xmen11298w.jpgth_xmen11398w.jpg

th_xmen11498w.jpgth_xmen11598w.jpgth_xmen11698oww.jpgth_xmen11798w.jpgth_xmen11898w.jpg

th_xmen11998w.jpgth_xmen12098oww.jpgth_xmen12198w.jpgth_xmen12298oww.jpgth_xmen12398w.jpg

th_xmen12498oww.jpgth_xmen12598w.jpgth_xmen12698w.jpgth_xmen12798w.jpgth_xmen12898w.jpg

th_xmen12998w.jpgth_xmen13098w.jpgth_xmen13198w.jpgth_xmen132.jpgth_xmen13398w.jpg

th_xmen13498w.jpgth_xmen13598w.jpgth_xmen13698w.jpgth_xmen13798w.jpgth_xmen13898w.jpg

th_xmen13998w.jpgth_xmen14098w.jpgth_xmen14198w.jpgth_xmen14298w.jpgth_xmen14398wss.jpg

Wow Doc,

That is just outstanding.Thanks for sharing.

Dennis

Nice!

What do you think you'll focus on next?

I am going to work on a Giant Size Marvels set. I think my heart is in the Bronze Age.

Great choice. It's a fun set to collect. Are you going to hold out for 9.6s? 9.8s? There are some that are tough to find in 9.6 or better.

Resub the entire run. That set would be even better if all the serials were sequencial :juggle:

I have thought about that. hm

Make them yours (thumbs u

I'd be afraid of a couple 9.6s coming back..... :(

Great set, though.....such a sweet bronze age run. (worship)

Resub the entire run. That set would be even better if all the serials were sequencial :juggle:

Maybe he`ll hit a 9.9 ;)

Maybe he`ll hit a 9.9 ;)

I said I thought about it, I would never do it. I am too chicken sh*t. :shy:

Nice!

I am going to work on a Giant Size Marvels set. I think my heart is in the Bronze Age.

Great choice. It's a fun set to collect. Are you going to hold out for 9.6s? 9.8s? There are some that are tough to find in 9.6 or better.

I am going to shoot for the 9.6/9.8 range. :wishluck:

Doc:

Even an old GA/SA guy like me can appreciate what you've accomplished here. This run is one of the most important in the history of comics and is the basis for the rejuvenation of the comics market from the mid-70's on.

And to have them in such incredible condition is something to be very proud of.

I congratulate you! Well done! (thumbs u

--Gary

Doc:

Even an old GA/SA guy like me can appreciate what you've accomplished here. This run is one of the most important in the history of comics and is the basis for the rejuvenation of the comics market from the mid-70's on.

And to have them in such incredible condition is something to be very proud of.

I congratulate you! Well done! (thumbs u

--Gary

Wow, Gary, coming from you that means a lot. I remember reading you ads years ago. I am sort of starstruck. Thank you. :blush:

Thankyou Doc, its good to meet you as well. You seem to be pretty insightful & have deep pockets. Ive been collecting for over 20 years. As you know collecting (or investing) never seems to end. Especially now with CGC (or dare I say PGX) its not only having AF 15 but having it in better condition than the next guy.

I hope to one day get to your level of compulsiveness for 9.8s and have the disposable income to do so. Once again, impressive.

btw love the SS 143, One for good measure I guess huh

Nice!

Smoking books there Doc (thumbs u

and I concur, BA books are the sweetest books ever :banana: