• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Astonishing X-men #13 Various Editions

11 posts in this topic

I'm currently collecting the Astonishing X-men series and I have a question. CGC has 5 different versions listed for # 13 but I cant find any information to figure out the difference between the retail incentive and the coliseum of comics edition. Anyone know how to point me in the right direction? Thanks

I have been trying to find info on the retailer incentive edition as well, but I keep coming up empty handed. I am wondering if maybe it is a typo. (shrug)

Yeah I saw someone on ebay selling a comic they claimed was the retailer incentive but it had the coliseum label on it which added to my confusion. Since there is only one retailer incentive in the census then I would image it might be some sort of mistake.

I have been trying to find info on the retailer incentive edition as well, but I keep coming up empty handed. I am wondering if maybe it is a typo. (shrug)

IT was a 1 for 10 deal,

BUT we were allowed to order more later,

most likley because they over printed the thing... (shrug)

IT was a 1 for 10 deal,

BUT we were allowed to order more later,

most likely because they over printed the thing... (shrug)

How is it different from the others i.e Midtown, Coliseum or sketch variant?

I'm pretty sure there were only 4 versions printed:

1. The "Regular" Cover:

13-Reg.jpg

2. The "Retailer Incentive Variant", 1:10, available at most LCSs:

13-Retailer.jpg

3. "Midtown"

13-Midtown.jpg

4. "Coliseum"

13-Coliseum.jpg

One thing that adds to confusion is that the Marvel logo (top-left) on the Coliseum cover says "Retailer Edition". But, the logo on the Midtown clearly says "Midtown Comics Edition".

Here is my reply from CGC:

I do believe that the Retailer is actually a mistake and it should be one of the other variants. Unfortunately, without seeing th error, we would not be able to determine with 100% accuracy which of the variants it should actually be.

-

Wm. Eric Downton

CGC Customer Service

I'll just put in a request to have the retailer removed from the registry.

Why don't you just contact Gemma in the registry forum? or PM her? Giving her a link to this thread. If you aren't sure how, let me know and I can do it.

Will do. Just kinda new to the forum so not sure who to contact on stuff like that. Thanks