• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How does one grade this?

23 posts in this topic

Well, I gave it a shot crazy.gif Thanks for the kind words. I could see it working better on light surface dirt, but these were fairly heavy marks and almost abraded onto the cover. Based on my experience, I would only try this again w/ very light surface soiling.

Ah [!@#%^&^]. Too late. I rubbed too hard. Look at the scan. The white border on the left became yellow from the bread! 893whatthe.gif

Bronty, nobody said "insert in toaster after applying bread" !!

Seriously, yes this looks like a case in which the cover soiling was too "ingrained" (as opposed to "in-bread" smile.gif) ... I've tried the WB method on a few SA books with moderate cover dirt/soiling, and it does work to pretty good effect in some instances.

Further, I've read detailed instructions on using bread in this fashion, and some don't reference WB specifically. I wouldn't be surprised if some other brands of bread worked better or worse... but of course, those other brands won't help "help build strong bodies 12 ways," as Wonder Bread does!