• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Late modern age gems...

32 posts in this topic

• [*]Ultimate Spiderman #1 [*]Ultimate X-Men #7 [*]H.E.R.O #1 [*]30 Days of Night #1 [*]Ghost in the Shell: Man Machine Interface 2 #1 [*]Catwoman v.2 #1 (Movie Hype begins) [*]Batman #612 2nd Print (Gimick that seems to be working) [*]Mystique #1 (Longshot) [*]Y The Last Man #1 [*]The Spidey, Doc Oc mini starting next week (Again, let the movie hype begin)

A side note, I think this all goes back to "WHY". Why do you collect/buy comics? If it's because of the stories, art, etc...you'll always have a prized collection. If it's for the money..........too much work and way to unpredictable. But hey, to each his own. wink.gif

I gotta tell you guys, these lists are absolutely hilarious. What's hot in Modern's today will not be hot tomorrow, but people never seem to learn.

Top Investment Moderns of the 1980's (taken from OS and other mags):

Micronauts #1

Battlestar Galactica #1

Godzilla #1

Kazar #1

Shogun Warriors #1

Star Wars #1

In ten years we'll be laughing about all the "hot picks" you guys made. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

In ten years we'll be laughing about all the "hot picks" you guys made.

Joe, and believe we will,lol. It's just to have some fun, that's all...and if the meantime you can have some extra bucks, that won't harm anyone...

I agree that most all the books that hvae been mentioned will be worth little in 10 years. The Jim Lee Batman run will be as hot as the Marshall Rogers one is now. I'd say sell any hot modern hot books now while they are hot, because they are most likely gonna cool off a lot in the future.