• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men # 1 CGC 8.5 -- what do you think & how much ??

4 posts in this topic

any of you silver age gurus have a chance to see this gem -- currently breaking the $5K mark.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2193269804&category=32747

what do you think of the scan....8.5 is a pretty high # .....obviously demand drives the price, blah blah --- not looking for a grammar school economics lesson -- just curious as to what you guys would be paying for this key issue --

thanks

Blazing Bob has TWO very nice X-Men #1 in VF+ condition on his website for $8,000 each. Therefore, if this goes for over $8K than the buyer probably overpaid (unless he felt that this copy was actually nicer).

GPAnalysis shows that the Average Price Paid for X-Men #1 in:

CGC VF is $3,853 (last sale in April for $4,000)

CGC VF+ is $7,027 (last sale in July for $6,900)

While I would love to own this book, if you assume that you could get a nice CGC VF copy for between $4,000-$4,400), is it really worth paying at least 60% more just to get the "plus"? For me it is not. I stilln't would have a book with NM in the label (as in VF/NM or higher).

I would pay between $6,000-$6,500 for this copy, and I'm pretty sure I won't get it for that price.

Didn't meet reserve at a little over $6,600. Tough book (IMO) to ask top dollar for. As I said, would you really want to pay 50-70% more just to get a plus?

i concur with you....a + is not much of an incentive....i would be much more excited about WHITE pages as opposed to cream or off-white.....

i think a few of his reserves were a bit aggressive..i am sure you also saw the big $70K+ auction did NOT hit reserve either....i honestly thought there would be some bids stepping up into the close, but actually was very quiet....