• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Minnesota FallCon

2 posts in this topic

There used to be a GREAT comic convention in Minneapolis in the early and mid-1980's. It was my first comic convention, I was 14, and I was in SHOCK at home much cool stuff could be found in one location. I remember talking to Jim Shooter and John Byrne. I met Matt Feazell. I bought a MT copy of DD 158 for $20 (BIG bucks for me). I saw a beat up copy of DD #1 that I just couldn't quite afford....

Anyway, good memories. I moved away, grad school, married, yadda yadda yadda and have now moved back and returned to comics. I see a flyer for this con in my local comic shop. Fallcon Guest List. It looks pretty cool and I think I will attend, but the guest list seems to me to be a little lightweight. Has anyone attending this con before. What is it like? I have a feeling it isn't anywhere near the level of those old Minneapolis Cons. Oh well. Should be fun anyway, I am going to take my boy to his first comic con smile.gif