• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Secondary eBay Account - Cancelled by Safeharbor??

5 posts in this topic

hey folks,

weird one. i got this in my mailbox today:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear cgc_canada (xxxx@uwaterloo.ca),

We regret to inform you that your eBay account has been suspended because it violates the site policy outlined in the User Agreement:

eBay's services are not available to members who are currently suspended.

Our records indicate that your account is associated with the following suspended account:

xxx@neumann.uwaterloo.ca

eBay does not permit suspended users to register with eBay or use eBay's services under any name. eBay may extend this prohibition to accounts or user names associated with the suspended user.

Due to the suspension of this account, you are prohibited from using eBay in any way including registering a new account. Please note this suspension does not relieve you of your agreed-upon obligations to pay any fees you may owe to eBay.

Regards,

Safeharbor Department,

eBay Inc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i NEVER use that account. i created it a while back for bidding purposes, but i've continued to use my regular account for that. this was my reply:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Safeharbor,

please review your records again. you are gravely mistaken.

this account is NOT associated with the account noted above (an "xxx@neumann.uwaterloo.ca). i have never seen that email address before nor do i know in any way, the creator of that email/ebayaccount whatever.

you are correct, apparently, in deducing that both my email address and "mlei"s email address are both from the university of waterloo - but keep in mind that this school has a student body of 20 000 students. just because you have two IDs from the same school DOES NOT SUGGEST that they are from the same person.

this account (cgc_canada) has not violated any ebay policies whatsoever. your condemnation of myself and this account without any evidence presented whatsoever speaks very poorly of the quality of service you allege to offer.

cgc_canada

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

has this happened to anyone here? i really don't know what to do. i doesn't really matter if this account gets cancelled - but i'm afraid they'll take it one step further and (improperly) cancel my real account. thoughts? confused.gif

14_of_spades

A little while back my seller account was NARU'd, and in doing so, eBay disabled the account I use for buying stuff as well. When my account was reinstated, they reinstated both accounts at the same time.

The way eBay associates accounts is usually with a profile match, using the members name, address, and other related contact info. You may have provided the same information when registerring the two accounts.

I'm pretty sure that your secondary account (and I'm assuming that the suspended account is your primary account) will be reinstated once you clear up your suspension situation. That is of course if you ever plan to pay your eBay bill grin.gif

The way eBay associates accounts is usually with a profile match, using the members name, address, and other related contact info. You may have provided the same information when registerring the two accounts.

thanks for the info.

the only thing is that the account that was suspended - was suspended because they alleged a link to some OTHER University of Waterloo account that isn't MY account. i.e. they cancelled my account IN ERROR.

anyways - eBay does all sorts of things - but i never thought the account i never-ever use would get witch-hunted like this...

Be careful this may be a spoof email trying to get your ebay user ID and password.Did they ask for any info in the email or did you give them your password when you replied? If you did you may have been spoofed.There are a whole new round of spoofs being sent today as I just got two new ones that say they are from Ebay today and are not although they did not say the same thing your email did but you can never be too careful.Make sure when you contact anyone you are on the ebay site and don't use any links in the email.