• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most Informative/Positive Contributor Award

102 posts in this topic

I have learned much from visiting this board, and wanted to throw out an idea to you all. Because there are so many people on this forum who contribute in different ways, I thought it might be a good idea to reward them with either the recognition as being the most informative contributor, or the most positive contributor. There are many ways that the criteria can be broken down, and this can be open to suggestion. I thought we could start it off by having people reply to this post with a nomination for each category, and my suggestions on criteria (please feel free to ammend/suggest):

Most Informative Contributor: determined by providing the collector community with relevant information, and helpful advice, etc.

Most Positive Contributor: determined by contributing in ways that helps promote the hobby, and encourage other forum members to participate in debate, and interacts in a positive way.

We can let this post go for a week or so, and after everyone has entered their nomination for a member (s), I can start another post with a poll. The person after a weeks worth of poll results with the highest votes wins a prize.

CGC can participate by throwing in a free submission or something, and if any other forum member want to donate to the cause, I think this would be a good way to spread some positive energy on the boards, and at the same time, give the highest vote getter some reason to continue to contribute in positive and enlightening ways.

Everything from learning how to store my comics better, to realizing I wasn't the only person to return to the hobby after an incident where my comics were stolen. This community has helped me to become a more informed collector of comics if anything, and I thought this might be a way to thank everyone.

I nominate fantastic_four for most informative. thumbsup2.gif

For most positive contributor, I nominate dam60, bronzebruce13, darthdiesel, greggy, drbanner, and honorable mention to joe_collector, who although I don't see eye to eye on every topic, does manage to shed light on good issues. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Along with nominating myself in every category imaginable, here are my alternate choices:

Most Informative: Valiantman, who although he likes suck-hass comics, went above and beyond the call of duty with his CGC database searches and web program.

Most Positive: Greggy, Bronty, Darth and Speedjunkies in a dead heat.

Most Informative........ 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm going to have to nominate Darth .....because he answered all my questions about MJ inserts when I first got here. thumbsup2.gif

I would also like to nominate BUG ....because if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be able to post scans. thumbsup2.gif

Let me think about the other category for a bit........ 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Most informative: I've found myself reading the posts by Lighthouse and Timely much more closely than others.

Most positive: Ugh. We've all been baited into being less than stellar members of the community at one time or another. Therefore, Dam60 should get the nod based on his `CGC Philanthropy' initiative.

Alan

I know I'll want to change this as I consider it more, but off the top of my head in my experience...

Most Informative Poster... James Rudd-FF

Honorable Mention: Lighthouse, Gene-DeLekkerste, KevtheMev, Vince *, Lee-Blowout

Most Positive Contributor... Joanna

Honorable mention: David-DAM60, Pov, James Rudd-FF, KevtheMev

Most Helpful/Useful Contributor... Tie: Valiantman and Ricky-Speedjunkies (for Bad Seller bustin')

Honorable mention: Matt-Bonds (same as Ricky), Joseph-ComicWiz (technical assistance), Darryl-Comicsheet (data)

Most Enjoyable Posts... Lighthouse

Honorable mention: Pov, Mike Pring-Dr.Banner, Bug (to break the monotony)

Most Helpful to Me Personally...

Andrew-Captains_of_Industry, James Rudd-FF, Gene-DeLekkerste

Most Thorough Convention Report... George-Gman

Most Willing to Mask a Deserving Obscenity... Oldguy

Most Amusing Battles (at times)... Shuley's vs. Gman,

Honorable mention: Bug vs. Vince, Mike-Dr.Banner vs. Vince, OldGuy vs. Vince, FF vs. ComicKeys, Mike-Dr.Banner vs. ComicKeys, Pov vs. Vince, ComicWiz vs. Vince, PedigreeMan vs. Vince, Dan-FlyingDonut vs. Vince, David-DAM60 vs. Vince.

(* = qualified green label nomination...

Like a Q9.6 with 10 missing pages... very informative poster missing... open mind, respectful nature, humility and comfortable bed. Could be a universal 9.6 with same) smirk.gif

Off the top of my head......

Most informative: James Rudd(FF) and Lighthouse. I prefer their level-headed and logical style of discussion as opposed to being emotionally charged.

Most Positive: Bruce and David(Dam60), both of whom spend lots of energy thinking of ways to make the forums and this hobby better.

Honorable mention to BOC who started the "Babe Test" thread. grin.gif

Most enjoyable: For me, I enjoy FD's no nonsense, no B.S approach(with a hint of rage) to his posts.

Most enjoyable outside the forums(PM's, emails): Dam60, BB13, FF, CGCfan, Kevin76