• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most Informative/Positive Contributor Award

102 posts in this topic

{{{{Shameless plug}}}

I may not have invented the technique but I did display its efectiveness...could I perhaps get a loaf of bread as a consolation prize... crazy.gif

Espousing The Virtues of Wonder Bread...

Man... that was 110,000 posts ago... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

First, I'm very touched by all the nice things you guys have said about me. I'm very grateful that you've all accepted me and treat me with such kindness here.

I've thought about who to nominate and it really is a difficult decision. But here's what I've decided.

Most Informative: Lighthouse. He has a unique perspective and backs it up with real world data, not speculation. I appreciate that.

Most Positive: Poverty Row. He is a classy, interesting, funny, and informative guy and has made my experiences here a whole lot of fun.

I'd also add Most All Around Fun: Major Khaos. No one on the boards makes me laugh more than Khaos. He is genuinely witty and clever. Besides, he started the Crisis thread -- it was his idea. I just ran with it.

-- Joanna

Okay, okay, I've finally exposed myself. (I won't get arrested for it this time, will I?)

I am Joanna's shill ID.

Wait, should I have said: "Okay, okay, she've finally exposed myher"?

"I's finally exposed herself?"

I knew I should have left a trail of bread crumbs before I wandered into this post... confused.gif

For Rookie of The Year, I nominate AfricanComicGirl, cause she can take it and dish it out to the rest of you guys. And because she started a neat 1602 thread. And she used the word "tits" in a post.

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

I've seen that name maybe a handfull of times in the forums. Relax tiger.....yes, I'm sure she has breasts......but I doubt if any of us will ever get anywhere near them. tongue.gif

Bug for the sheer joy of it, I'd show you a peek.

blush.gifgrin.gif

Kudoos to you Brian, thanks.

I would like to nominate Darth for Most Informative. As for postive, well, I'd put just about any of you guys up for nomination. Honestly when need be you can all be very positive about something.

blush.gifgrin.gif

shocked.gif MISTAKE!! shocked.gif

Now he'll be expecting a digital pic via e-mail...and judging by the way he sexually harrasses greggy, you'll never hear the end of it until you send it to him! shocked.gifblush.gif

How about I nominate MYSELF .....and you guys can come up with a category ? hi.gif

Biggest Ego? Most Insecure? Biggest attention seeker?

Certainly not me for Biggest Ego. I've started to develop an inferiority complex. I'm beginning to think people could be as great as I am.

How about I nominate MYSELF .....and you guys can come up with a category ? hi.gif

Biggest Ego? Most Insecure? Biggest attention seeker?

Certainly not me for Biggest Ego. I've started to develop an inferiority complex. I'm beginning to think people could be as great as I am.

893Doh-thumb.gif

blush.gifgrin.gif

shocked.gif MISTAKE!! shocked.gif

Now he'll be expecting a digital pic via e-mail...and judging by the way he sexually harrasses greggy, you'll never hear the end of it until you send it to him! shocked.gifblush.gif

True, FF...but when the pic arrives and it turns out that Africancomicgirl was Greggy all along, I think we might hear the end of it...! devil.gif

My nominations:

- Most informative: there are so many... I'd go with Shield, Valiantman, Araich (for the Wonder Bread tactic alone!), POV, RobReact and Lighthouse.

- Most positive: Joanna, Shield, Araich...gee, there are a lot less nominees in this category... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

- Most positively steadfast in his/her views: Joe_Collector

For Rookie of The Year, I nominate AfricanComicGirl, cause she can take it and dish it out to the rest of you guys. And because she started a neat 1602 thread. And she used the word "tits" in a post.

I've seen that name maybe a handfull of times in the forums. Relax tiger.....yes, I'm sure she has breasts......but I doubt if any of us will ever get anywhere near them. tongue.gif

blush.gifgrin.gif

I have done some soul searching and would now like to nominate AfricanComicGirl for Rookie of The Year.

Another Rookie of The Year candidate would have to be The_Beyonder. That guy really mixes it up in here.

Actually, I've been trying to think of who'd I'd nominate for the given categories.....but I pretty much just enjoy the mix of characters in here. My comic collecting is pretty limited now to just a handful of CGC graded books I'm looking for......and although I do read most of the threads in here including the grading threads and the different era threads, I'm not heavily "into" them......I pretty much just enjoy the forums in general.

So, I recommend everybody. acclaim.gif

blush.gifgrin.gif

I have done some soul searching and would now like to nominate AfricanComicGirl for Rookie of The Year.

Another Rookie of The Year candidate would have to be The_Beyonder. That guy really mixes it up in here.

Actually, I've been trying to think of who'd I'd nominate for the given categories.....but I pretty much just enjoy the mix of characters in here. My comic collecting is pretty limited now to just a handful of CGC graded books I'm looking for......and although I do read most of the threads in here including the grading threads and the different era threads, I'm not heavily "into" them......I pretty much just enjoy the forums in general.

So, I recommend everybody. acclaim.gif

YOu mean me as everybody.

Oh Bug my hero. flowerred.gif

Cue Superman movie theme as Bug sweeps ACG off her feet and they fly off into the sunset... AfricanComicGirl, don't be surprised if Bug starts calling you "Lois" on these boards juggle.gif

Most informative.....Pedigreeman plus POV (his knowledge of the printing process has added enormously to my collecting). Honourable mention to Metarog who has the most obscure collecting interests.

Most positive contribution.... DAM60 (Dave you are the man). Honourable mention to Araich...