• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mike Zeck is my new hero

14 posts in this topic

I have to say that Mike Zeck has to be one of the nicest artists I have dealt with in a long time.

I have been a fan of Mike for years and I was upset when I found out that he was not doing any cons. At the last Orlando con I became good friends with his infamous inker John Beatty. Beatty told me that Mike, although he doesnt do cons, does have a gallery on the CAF site where he sells some sketches and stuff. I contacted Mike on CAF and asked him if he could do a fallen son book for me. He contacted me back within an hour appologizing for not being able to do one due to time constrants but said he had some Cap stuff for sale on his site.

I saw Pic 1 on in his gallery; Classic Cap image which was a prelim for a cover he was doing. I haggled with Mike about the price and we settled on a very fair price for the piece. I then asked Mike if it was possible to send a few books including my Punisher Hardcover to get signed along with payment. He said sure and I recieved the package today with this little surprise (pic 2)

Needless to say I almost cried it was so beautiful

47308-0.jpg.ea8ca80c4997a58b8942c49aac15b018.jpg

47309-1.jpg.6c49b8b58376c6564272c7e96e22c490.jpg

He has a great webpage and does custom cover recreations for about 1K, retiring the ones he has done more than once or twice to keep 'em rare. He is one of the best, I agree. Congrats on your artwork and happy experience with him!!

Although Mike does list commission prices on his web site, unfortunately he hasn't had the time to take on new commissions in a few years, And, it may be awhile before he has the time to start them up again I'm sure he'll make an announcement if and when he has time to do more. So, getting a sketch like this one is a rare treat indeed! It may be one of the only ones from 2007!