• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where did your avatar come from?

533 posts in this topic

[..] that particular poster, is kindof' attractive,..it has what the french artists would call...a ..uuhmm,.. certain... appelle' con le skinnyle witno bresteses..

Is that Way Southern French, as in beyond French borders ... (shrug)

Dude, c'mon, I totally made that up, I just thought.. if a french guy would ssay something, it would sound kinda' like that :grin:

Greatest poster of the 70's.

Farrah_poster.jpg

You've created a stir torch........ :grin:

50 million teenage boys socks can't be wrong.

"50 million teenage boys socks can't be wrong."

That is freaking hilariuous! and then some :roflmao: and then some more :roflmao:

[..] that particular poster, is kindof' attractive,..it has what the french artists would call...a ..uuhmm,.. certain... appelle' con le skinnyle witno bresteses..

Is that Way Southern French, as in beyond French borders ... (shrug)

Dude, c'mon, I totally made that up, I just thought.. if a french guy would ssay something, it would sound kinda' like that :grin:

Non je ne pense pas du tout mais si c'est ce que tu crois, alors la ...

No freakin' way!! This poster has always been cool. I remember seeing in Shawshank redemption ...I though it was really kool how they made it match a time period, it's iconic.. it's like a poster of madonna in the 80s. The kool madonna, not the one that came out in sliver, that was just plain gross...

But anyways, the poster is kinda sexy, not Rachel Welch outta this world in it's day sexy but, it is sexy...

You mean Raquel Welch. Anyway - I was 26 years old when that poster came out in 1976. So please allow me my own aesthetic judgement. And aesthically, this was, overall, an unappealing image to me.

I am not sure what you mean by "how they made it match a time period,". The poster WAS in its time period: 1976. That was pretty much what 1976 was like (kind of dissapointing). Yes, I agree it is "iconic" for 1976 but to me, having lived well through, 1976 kind of lacked. The fact that CHARLIE'S ANGELS was so popular in those days pretty much attests to that.

Well,.. perhaps it's just a matter of taste and maybe even mood. Sometimes you feel Keira Knightly-ish, while others, you're more into the Salma Hayek mood but, that particular poster, is kindof' attractive,..it has what the french artists would call...a ..uuhmm,.. certain... appelle' con le skinnyle witno bresteses..

But, yeah , I get you, you just weren't buying it in your day..it kinda like Paris Hilton nowadays... :baiting:

No baiting needed. I like the Paris Hilton analogy. But also keep in mind I come from Southern Italian and Sicilian stock. We like our women healthy!

Your points are sound Pov but there really is no mystery about how & why that poster became such a sensation. It is the giant right nipple.

No freakin' way!! This poster has always been cool. I remember seeing in Shawshank redemption ...I though it was really kool how they made it match a time period, it's iconic.. it's like a poster of madonna in the 80s. The kool madonna, not the one that came out in sliver, that was just plain gross...

But anyways, the poster is kinda sexy, not Rachel Welch outta this world in it's day sexy but, it is sexy...

You mean Raquel Welch. Anyway - I was 26 years old when that poster came out in 1976. So please allow me my own aesthetic judgement. And aesthically, this was, overall, an unappealing image to me.

I am not sure what you mean by "how they made it match a time period,". The poster WAS in its time period: 1976. That was pretty much what 1976 was like (kind of dissapointing). Yes, I agree it is "iconic" for 1976 but to me, having lived well through, 1976 kind of lacked. The fact that CHARLIE'S ANGELS was so popular in those days pretty much attests to that.

Well,.. perhaps it's just a matter of taste and maybe even mood. Sometimes you feel Keira Knightly-ish, while others, you're more into the Salma Hayek mood but, that particular poster, is kindof' attractive,..it has what the french artists would call...a ..uuhmm,.. certain... appelle' con le skinnyle witno bresteses..

But, yeah , I get you, you just weren't buying it in your day..it kinda like Paris Hilton nowadays... :baiting:

No baiting needed. I like the Paris Hilton analogy. But also keep in mind I come from Southern Italian and Sicilian stock. We like our women healthy!

Right on! Even as a teenage boy Farah didn’t appeal to me – I’m not into the beanpole look.

Mines Kirk with coke bottle glasses! :banana: