• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FLORIDA COMIC-CON_DEC. 8-9_SOUTH FLORIDA_GENE HA, DON KRAMER, PETER MAYHEW

27 posts in this topic

I would have paid him his full asking price plus I would have paid his table fees. Seller declined, I know Orly offered to buy him out before show opened as well. The seller didnt want the collection to end up all in 1 persons hands, he wanted to distribute the wealth so to speak, and he did accomplish that as many people ended up with a pile.

Guy deserves huge kudos for having that attitude. Too many good comics get swooped up by dealers at shows before the first customer gets a crack at them. Good to see a collector looking out for others...

Jim

Hey guys,

A big thanks to everyone who came to the show (both vendor and attendee).

So, as the promoter here are my thoughts on how the show came off.

This was my first attempt at an "old school" comic book show, without the big anime and media component of my bigger shows, and there were def. some pros and cons.

I was very unhappy with the hotel... they were less than helpful, and were unwilling to work with us on the parking situation. They were supposed to give us a discount rate for their lot, and have their attendants direct traffic to other affordable parking. They did not do this, and basically jacked up parking costs and tried to get everyone to pay ridiculous money to valet.

That being said, we had about 425 - 450 comic book folk make it out for the weekend, and while it's not a huge number it's a good start. I will say that it seemed that the bulk of the people that came did so for comics... not for the artists, media guests, toys, statues etc... but for comic books. So, in essence it was exactly what it was supposed to be, an old school comic show. As for dealers, I know business was great for some and not so great for others. I know some of the raw numbers for some which were outstanding for a little show, and I know they'll be back for the next one. It all depended on what people brought... but I know that some big dollar gold and silver was sold in the room.

I'm gearing up for another small comic show in March/April (3-4 weeks after megacon) at a new location (in Davie, FL.)... it'll be in a bigger room and a little less cramped with FREE parking. I'm going to start looking into a guest artist this week for the show... maybe one or 2 names to compliment the show.

After that it's time for our BIG show, Florida Supercon - www.floridasupercon.com

It's going to be in a HUGE new venue - The Hyatt Bonaventure in Weston... and so far we have Carmine Infantino, Dan Slott, Kyle Baker, Giordano, Alex Saviuk, Mark Sparacio and Allen Bellman on the comic side... with a ton of media guests to go with them.

Hope to see you all there!

Mike Broder