• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The most I ever spent in one day, on modern comics (and related) from a store...

37 posts in this topic

The most I ever spent in one day, on modern comics (and related) from a store was today. I took the subway from my hotel down to JH Universe and bought:

• Little Lulu TPB
  • Will Eisner Reader
  • Booster Gold #1, 2 and 3
  • It Was A Dark and Silly Night...
  • Mouse Guard Fall 1152 (hardcover)
  • Incredible Change-Bots
  • Flash #233
  • W.I.T.C.H. The disappearance

Then, I started walking back uptown to my hotel and happened to walk right by Midtown Comics, so I went in there and came out with:

• Groo Hell on Earth #1
  • Justice League of America #12
  • Agent Boo #1
  • The Flash's Book of Speed
  • Superman Adverntures #4 (kids graphic novel)
  • The Return of Barry Allen TPB
  • 4 hero card sets

Total: $137

What was I thinking? doh!

Hey, there's a lot of good stuff out now.

I was told over the weekend that JH Universe is by far the biggest grossing comic shop in the country. I don't even remember the gross number because it was so astounding.

There IS??????? (shrug)

What was I thinking? doh!

That you could put it on the expense account? (shrug)

hm

But, I'm trying to push through the dinner I had with a friend tonight first. I can make a case for that.

btw - both stores were extremely busy. Both had multiple cash registers ringing while I was in there.

I was told over the weekend that JH Universe is by far the biggest grossing comic shop in the country. I don't even remember the gross number because it was so astounding.

There IS??????? (shrug)

Now I understand why you're "The Question?".

It's always the same Question, and you never pay attention to The Answer.

Have you tried looking at any of the good stuff that people suggested last time you complained about current comics?

Jack

I dont know what the most i ever spent was, but two weeks ago i went to my LCS after not going in almost three months. My sub. has grown to 206 bucks. :tonofbricks::cry: No hardcovers or anything. Just comics. Right after i payed i felt like i just burned the money...and thought of the cool Silver age stuff i could have bought.

There IS??????? (shrug)

Now I understand why you're "The Question?".

It's always the same Question, and you never pay attention to The Answer.

Have you tried looking at any of the good stuff that people suggested last time you complained about current comics?

Jack

He doesn't read any current comics..... just non-specific reminiscences about the comics of old.

They had great chroma back then.....

I dropped around $100-150 in two trips in one day to a local shop a couple of years ago. They had (not including keys, to the extent there are any) basically all the Spideys, X-Men and a couple of other titles from the prior 2-4 years in their dollar boxes all out of storage or whatever, everything pristine, so I said "what the heck, let me catch up on what I missed the last few years"

(My old LCS closed up in Christman 1999, I had dropped by midtown a couple of times since then and bought stuff like Conan when DH started it, but had pretty much ignored moderns entirely. I had just been buying vintage stuff at shows and on ebay since the shop closed.)

Will some of you please visit Houston? There isn't much to see. But there is a pretty good LCS. I, err, it could sure use the business.