• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The most I ever spent in one day, on modern comics (and related) from a store...

37 posts in this topic

Will some of you please visit Houston? There isn't much to see. But there is a pretty good LCS. I, err, it could sure use the business.

Count on it next time I travel there, had a blast the first time I went to 2 of your stores (thumbs u

Will some of you please visit Houston? There isn't much to see. But there is a pretty good LCS. I, err, it could sure use the business.

Count on it next time I travel there, had a blast the first time I went to 2 of your stores (thumbs u

When was that? Did we meet?

When was that? Did we meet?

About 3 years ago, and no I don't think we formally met :)

if Rice ever pays for my plane ticket to homecoming or reunion I might, in fact, visit Houston again....

Rice is a great school, and a RICH school. They should be able to swing that with no problem.

Dude was at Chicago, Nik

I know that Muttie, that was the first time I met him :)

He was the skinny with all the cool books behind him.

Oh yeah, tell john I want to see proof of his MH Marvel Comics #1.

:applause:

Hey, there's a lot of good stuff out now.

I was told over the weekend that JH Universe is by far the biggest grossing comic shop in the country. I don't even remember the gross number because it was so astounding.

There IS??????? (shrug)

Now I understand why you're "The Question?".

It's always the same Question, and you never pay attention to The Answer.

Have you tried looking at any of the good stuff that people suggested last time you complained about current comics?

Jack

ok...here we go again :headbang:

Yes, of course i've both READ, and SEE many "modern" books that avail themselves these daze. My greater point AGAIN...is, they are filled with lovely art, and zero substance.

And furthermore, if anyone is going to attempt to argue that say "civil war" was good? even remotely so? then I guess the question, has answered zzz

BTW, not recently but back in the late 80's (I was 18+) I would drop about $100/week on moderns and about $2-300/week total. I was my LCS store's best customer.

R.

Dude was at Chicago, Nik

I know that Muttie, that was the first time I met him :)

He was the skinny with all the cool books behind him.

Oh yeah, tell john I want to see proof of his MH Marvel Comics #1.

:applause:

I want to see the whole run! But I don't know if my heart can handle it.