• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FREAKY Heroes DVD Extras

21 posts in this topic

Ok, can some explain to me how the Parkman Minder reader extra on the Heroes DVD disc works? My wife and I did like 6 times in a row and he got it right EVERY TIME! HOW DID HE DO IT???

Isn't it just math?

Ok, can some explain to me how the Parkman Minder reader extra on the Heroes DVD disc works? My wife and I did like 6 times in a row and he got it right EVERY TIME! HOW DID HE DO IT???

Isn't it just math?

I haven't seen it, but you've got to be right, JC. There are all sorts of "mind reading" tricks that are all math based.

Remember when David copperfield used to do a TV special once a year? He did one that was "audience participation". It always works.

I have a feeling it's like a math formula where there are a limited number of potential answers, so that whatever you pick is the "right answer" and everything else will NEVER come up.

It's an old trick, and the illusion is the presence of all these "wrong answers", which mathematically, are like ghosts and will never appear.

Yep. That's exactly how it works.

Here's an easy "bar trick" that is entirely math based.....I'll asked you a few questions and then "guess the number" you've got in your head.

Take the numerical month you were born in (jan =1, Feb = 2, etc...). And add 1 to that number. Now double that number. Subtract your birth month from that number. Subtract it again. Now double it.

Is your number 4?

Stupid "trick", I know. But an easy example of these "math based" tricks.

Take the numerical month you were born in (jan =1, Feb = 2, etc...). And add 1 to that number. Now double that number. Subtract your birth month from that number. Subtract it again. Now double it.

Dumbest math trick ever. Someone would have to be pretty drunk to not see through that one. lol

I would think it would be kind of like this...

(where there are multiple answers, but one similar attributed icon)

Mind Reader...

:grin:

That's more like it. :thumbsup:

Yeah, that's what I was referring to - the answer is always 81, 72, 63, 54, 45, etc. None of the other numbers between are possible and represent the illusion's "ghosts".