• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Breaking the fourth wall' covers

95 posts in this topic

If we're expanding the concept to include incorporating the logo into the action depicted on the cover, then this Eisner-esque example has to be considered:

If incorporating the logo applies, I can post for days

If we're expanding the concept to include incorporating the logo into the action depicted on the cover, then this Eisner-esque example has to be considered:

:popcorn:

One of my favorite "breaking the fourth wall" moments on a cover is Amazing Spider-Man #250. Hobgoblin, up in the corner of the cover, instructs the potential buyer, "It's great! Steal it." I love that a villain was giving evil advice that could hurt the potential sales of the issue and land the thief in juvenile hall. Classic! (And, yes, I paid for my copy!)

That UXM 207 cover is one of my favorites. :cloud9:

That IS a good one! And deserves to be viewed:

EDIT: Scratch that, I just saw that Beyonder already posted a very nice example!

There was a month when DC did this with all their covers

FF# 258 where Dr Doom's gloved hand is tearing the front of the cover. The areas where it's "torn" shows the splash page through the FC

CGCFF258.jpg

Yeah that's the one :thumbsup: