• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did anyone here win this?

5 posts in this topic

This is a shot in the dark but I'm really curious what this lot grades out.

ASM Bronze Lot

The seller calls the overall lot "very good". Normally I knock at least one grade down from what the seller says and then bid about half OSPG. But these comics look to be in the fine range. I would have gone as high as $300 as I need many of these issues (120, 121, 122) to complete my ASM run. I figured some of them might even be upgrades for a few of my spideys. The thing that did scare me off a little was that there appears to be some water damage on the bottom left front cover of #121 (you can see it in the close-up). The lot eventually went for the price of VG+/F-.

Coachjoe is a large inventory dealer out of Canada I believe.

I think there is a thread or two about him on the boards.

But I don't think he's ever posted here.

Bottom line the threads mention overgrading.

I've bought from him before on some VFs and was pleased.

Based on others' comments, only time will tell if these will see

the light of day as VGs or VFs. hm

I saw that, and was thinking that $250-$300 would have been a fair bid, as a lot of these have obvious damage.

But there are plenty of Pollyanna buyers on EBay, who pay more than is prudent and *hope* they get a good deal. It's sad, because I bet that if each book had been tightly graded and presented, that the lot probably wouldn't have topped $500.

:o

43 mid grade Amazing Spiderman comics....for over 500. And a dealer bought it???? What is the world coming too???? What is the dealer hoping for, that the 121 and 122 are NM??? If the seller threw them in this lot they are rags that he was hoping would bring some real money to his dead lot. Well he was right!!! (thumbs u

Coachjoe10 :makepoint:

Or was the next highest bidder (36 feedbacks) a shill? And coachjoe10 never dreamed his huge bid would ever get that high?

I've had bad experiences with Coachjoe's grading... or more accurately, his lack of proper grading. He's sold a few books to me advertised as NM which were VF's at best. Multiple spine stress and creasing seems to escape his 'eagle eye' when it comes time to sell. Each person is free to make their own decision but I personally avoid the dealer when ever I see him.